NiJyuu-Shi ~ Saving the grade or defending the partner?

24- Saving the grade, or defending the partner?

- - - - - -

I groaned, hiding my face into the pillow as I let out a yawn.

"Come on, Sayuri," Itachi smirked, throwing another pillow at my head. "Kakashi will be here in thirty minutes, so get dressed."

My eyes shot open as I sat up straight, not minding my current appearance right now. I stared at Itachi. "What time is it?"

"Um..." Itachi looks down at his watch, then back up at me. "It's... a quarter to three in the afternoon."

I immediately stood up, taking a towel from the top of the bureau and opened the drawers to get some fresh clothes. "I've been asleep for nearly fifteen hours! Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

"Sorry!" He blinked. "We didn't want to ruin your beauty sleep. We were gonna let you sleep until you woke up, but then thirty minutes before Kakashi arrives, Sasuke decides to remind me about him coming over for a review."

I huffed as I shut the drawers, taking my clothes and my towel with me as I walked toward the bathroom. "Still the same Baka I knew back in third grade, huh. And I thought Shikamaru was the lazy one."

He shrugs. "Well, what's important is that you woke up. Just hurry up. You never know, maybe he might arrive early."

I switched on the lights, walking over to the sink and taking out my red box full of essentials to make my skin healthy. I snort as I take out a lotion bottle from the box. "Yeah, and he'd probably come in here looking for me, and see that I'm still showering. Next thing you know, he is going to say that he needs to use the restroom for a second and ends up watching me shower for heaven knows how long."

I laughed a little as it got silent for a moment, but I was sure he had a stunned expression on his face. "S-Sayuri! I'm sure Kakashi's not that perverted! What the hell!"

At this point, I was already laughing up to the point where I wasn't able to stop. "I was just kidding!" After a moment, I managed to calm myself down, but I still had that smile on. "But, come on. You should see what type of book he reads every day in class as we work on stuff we already learned."

"Gosh, Sayuri, I don't wanna hear anymore..."

That was even funnier than his last response. I managed to hold my laugh in as I shut the door, getting ready to shower.

~*~

"Did you know how stupid Sayuri was acting up there?"

Sasuke chuckled a little as he took out his earbuds, closing the music player on his cellphone. "She's always acting stupid."

"No, I mean," Itachi sighed as he took a seat next to his younger brother, who looked up at him as he was slouching on the black leather sofa. "Well, she was doing her little theory on how much of a pervert your sensei really is."

"Not as perverted as our other sensei, Jiraiya."

"Oh, yeah. That's right," Itachi was silent, but he chuckled for a second after thinking about his conversation with Sayuri earlier. "It's just that she made Kakashi sound like a pedophile by saying he might come while she is still showering."

"How idiotic."

"A pedophile, huh," a voice rung through their ears, making them jump up from the sofa. They both looked behind them, seeing Kakashi sitting on the edge of the leather couch. They could tell that he was annoyed, but he was also smirking. "So, that's what Sayuri said about me."

Sasuke had that little sweat-drop moment as he stammered a little. "Kakashi, she was just joking! I swear." Well, it was nice to know that Sasuke was defending her. Or, maybe he was just doing this to defend their grade. Which one was a better possibility?

"Insulting your sensei behind his back, hm," The masked sensei crossed his arms, shaking his head a few times. "I'm going to have to take points off."

Sayuri raced down the stairs after hearing what Kakashi had just said, which was surprising. Even for a girl like her. "What in the *bleep* just happened?"

"Cursing out loud! Another few points taken off!"

"What the hell?!"

"Shall I take some more points off of your grade?"

Sasuke came rushing over to Sayuri, covering her mouth with his left hand as she stared at him with an irritated look. "Just shut your mouth, Baka!" he whispered. "Let me negotiate with him." She nods, sighing in defeat as he takes his hand away from her mouth.

"Kakashi-sensei," He starts. "She didn't mean to call you a pedophile. Well, she just woke up, and you know. Maybe she was still trying to wake up and she thought it was a dream, okay? Just don't lower our grade because of her idiocy. She thought she was dreaming."

Kakashi rose his eyebrows in shock. He blinked a few times, but that was when they realized that he was smiling through his mask. "You passed."

"What?" Sasuke and Sayuri say in unison.

"Sasuke defended his partner. I didn't expect that he would defend you, Sayuri. But he did. In fact, he just saved your behind," Sayuri looked pretty irritated, alright. "Of course, I wouldn't take points off because you called me a pedophile. Which is not true by the way. I was only testing you guys."

Sayuri scoffed. "So you got us worried for nothing?"

"Not for nothing. This increases your grade by fifteen percent, for your information." The two shrugged as Kakashi headed toward the door. "Well, that's it for the review."

"Really? THAT quick?"

"Of course. Anyways, keep yourselves prepared. I'll see you on Wednesday!" Although, instead of just walking out of the door like usual, he poofed out of here, which caught all of us off-guard.

"Wow," Itachi comments, breaking the silence. "He basically just messed with you both."

"Eh, probably for extra credit," Sayuri makes her way to the door leading to the kitchen. "Come on, you two. We have to eat some lunch."

"Or, we could just eat out."

She thought for a moment. She debated whether she wanted to stay at the house, or to leave and have some fresh air. Sayuri shrugs. "Good enough."

"Alright. I'll start the car," Itachi picks up his keys from the counter, walking out of the door leading to the garage without another word.

It was a little awkward. Now that Itachi was out of the room, the room suddenly went all silent. Sayuri really hated it when awkwardness filled the air, so she tried to start a conversation with her "enemy."

"Thank you,"

Sasuke looked up at her in confusion. "For what?"

"For defending me. I really appreciate it." She smiled brightly.

Sasuke rose his eyebrows, looking away quickly as he felt blood rush through his face. Stop it, Sasuke, he thought to himself. "I-It was nothing."

"GET YOUR BUTTS INSIDE THE CAR, NOW!" A familiar voice yelled.

Sayuri giggled, running over to Sasuke and taking his hand. "You heard him!" Instead of leaving Sasuke to follow behind, she decides to drag him out with her. Well, someone was excited.

And someone was unintentionally blushing furiously.