Jyuu ~ The start of a new day

10- The start of a new day

- - - - - -

"Sayuri?" Itachi steps out of the car as I skipped my way to the locked gate. I stopped, and I realized I was acting giddy and couldn't stand still. I was too excited. I looked up at Itachi with a smile on my face.

Itachi just gives me a surprised look, while Sasuke stands there with his eyebrow raised. He looks at his older brother, almost questioning him. Itachi just shrugs at him and loos back at me. "You've... acted scared when you got inside the car, and all of a sudden, you're... very happy."

"Tsk," Sasuke leans on the side of the car, arms crossed but not making any eye contact with anyone. "Are you sure you don't have bipolar disorder?"

I glared at Sasuke, who just had an evil smirk on his face as he looked down on the ground, like he knew what I was doing. Well, we're back on schedule. "It's just that I was told very exciting news before you both came. I was just scared that you'd lecture me about leaving the house like that."

The raven-haired Uchiha scoffed. "What's there to be excited about?"

"I'm not an idiot to tell you the whole story, Uchiha,"

"Hn," was his only response.

Itachi just sighs. "It's better than Sayuri being mad at us, now, is it?"

Expecting a negative response, he only earns a scoff from his younger brother.

"Anyway," Itachi unlocks the gate and continues without looking at either of us. "Before Sasuke starts his little talk with you, I'd like to know why you're acting so bipolar right now, Sayuri."

"Sasuke'll start lecturing me about how it's no big deal to anyone."

"Good point," Itachi looks over his shoulder at Sasuke as the three of us make our way to the front door. "Sasuke, go up to your room."

"What?" He says, flinging his arms up in the air. "You can find out, but I can't?"

"Either that, or put on your headphones and listen to music, full blast. I want to hear it through your headphones."

"Tsk," he shoves his hands into his pockets and puts on an irritated look. "Fine, I'll go to my room."

Itachi unlocks the door and steps aside, letting Sasuke get in first. I had my arms slightly crossed as I took a few steps inside, with Itachi following behind.

The older Uchiha yells, "Close the door, too!"

"Damn it!" Sasuke complains.

I laughed at his sudden outburst.

Itachi and I walked straight into the kitchen and made sure that Sasuke wasn't following us. As soon as we stepped in, I walked to the countertop that was right across from the sink and slightly leaned on it.

He takes one more glance out at the living room before closing the door behind him. "So, tell me," he partially demanded. "Did something happen while you were out?"

I bit my lip before replying with, "My mom called me when I walked out. She said she had something important to tell me. That's sort of the reason why I ran off on you both."

He shoots me an irritated look, making me smile at him nervously.

"Anyways, I went back to my house so she and my dad could tell me. They told me... that they were expecting a baby boy or girl."