NiJyuu-San ~ Apologizing can be tough

23- Apologizing can be tough

- - - - - -

"Can you just explain to me exactly what I did to make her be so... afraid of me?"

Sasuke was getting fed up with Itachi lecturing him about being the reason why Sayuri had a bloody wrist full of scars. It only built up his guilt even more, even though it was his drunk side of him that did it to her. But it was still his fault either way.

No one can even imagine how angry he was at himself for drinking a little too much alcohol and losing his mind. He didn't think so much would happen when he felt like he was basically... asleep.

"Don't you remember?" His elder brother asked him, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

Sasuke scoffed. "How am I supposed to? I had too much alcohol and I started getting blurry vision. And I can't remember anything that happened after you got out of my damn room."

"Hm," Itachi sighs, shutting his eyes. "Reasonable explanation."

"Good. Now tell me."

Itachi sighs in defeat, lifting his head up and opening his eyes to look at Sasuke. "When I left your room, I called Sayuri and told her about your condition. She came here right away, obviously worried. She actually had the guts to go up to your room, even though you were in a potentially dangerous mood. Yes, Sasuke. She cares THAT much about you, which doesn't surprise me.

"All she told me was that she successfully took that bottle of sake away from you. She asked you why you would even think about getting yourself drunk. And, well..." The older Uchiha looked hesitant, but he resisted the urge to leave Sasuke hanging there. "You told her that... she was the reason why. And you kissed her."

Sasuke's eyes widen in shock. "I kissed her?!"

Itachi nods. "Yes,"

"THAT'S why she is afraid of me?"

"Not exactly," Itachi walks over to Sasuke, and kept at that pace until he was directly in front of his little brother. "She tried to leave the room, seeming that she didn't know how to handle that type of situation. But you demanded her to stay. You held her wrist and... dug your nails into her flesh."

Sasuke was in a loss of words. He didn't know how to respond back to that. His fingers twitched a few times as guilt surged through him, this time going in deep. This was the reason why.

Well, let's all be honest here.

Sasuke had hurt her physically. But Sayuri had hurt Sasuke emotionally. That was what the young Uchiha realized.

~*~

Sasuke shuddered at the flashback of what happened just a few minutes earlier. He left Itachi with no response whatsoever, and you know where his feet decided to drag him? Up to the room Sayuri was currently in right now.

He was standing right in front of the door that led to the guest room. He kept taking deep breaths, and occasionally he would let his conscience decide for him. And all those times, it told him he had to make things right by walking in there.

Sasuke was left with no other choice.

Sighing, he turns the doorknob, expecting it to be locked. But it wasn't. He didn't know if Sayuri meant to leave it unlocked, or she had just forgotten about it. After all, she had just ran away from Sasuke. He pushes the door open, seeing Sayuri sitting by the window. She was listening to music, full blast. She didn't notice the door opening.

Sasuke stepped into the room, but left the door open. That was when Sayuri finally knew of his presence in the room.

She looks up, taking an earphone out of her right ear. "Sasuke..."

"Don't run away this time," he responded. He noticed that he sounded more demanding than sincere. "please." Well, he didn't think adding that word would make things better.

"Okay," she quietly replied, looking back out at the window.

Sasuke sighed. "Well... Itachi told me what happened," Sayuri looks up. He avoids making eye contact with her as he continues. "I want to apologize. I know that... I was the one who gave you a bloody wrist. And I'm sorry. But, please don't be scared of me."

Sayuri blinked, registering what Sasuke had just said. Was he really apologizing to her? Knowing him since their elementary years, she knew that Sasuke never apologized to anyone. Not even once. He must mean it if he actually is saying sorry to her.

She smiles slyly and nods once. "I know that you were just drunk. You didn't mean it. But it is okay," Wait, he thought, exactly was she talking about when she said that I didn't mean it? He snapped out of his thoughts as she continued. "I mean, you didn't mean to make me bleed, or to kiss me, right? There was no reason to be scared. I should be the one apologizing," His sudden shock made him look up, making eye contact with the smiling Nakahara. "So, are we okay?"

He didn't mean to dig his nails into her wrist, but he wasn't sure about the kissing part. Did he mean to do that? After all, he was dying to lay his lips on her ever since he had seen Kiba steal a kiss from Sayuri. Well, he was damned. He didn't want to start anymore conflict with her; he had just gotten out of one, for Pete's sake.

After thinking for a few seconds, he ends up nodding and faking a smile. "Of course."