ShiJyuu-Shi ~ Interfering

44- Interfering

- - - - - -

"An hour and a half?!" Sasuke exclaimed. "Just to clean up a kitchen?"

"Yup!" Sayuri places the mop, the broom, and dustpan inside the closet she found them in. She inhales, shutting the closet with a slam. "You shouldn't be surprised, actually. You really messed up the kitchen."

"Really badly, eh?"

"Yes, yes you did." She wipes the sweat off of her forehead and takes a seat on the dining room chair. She moves her hair on one side during the process.

Sasuke places the remaining dishes into the cupboard and shuts it gently. "Well, at least you helped. It would have taken me a lot longer if I worked alone." Scratching his hair for half a second, he leans back onto the countertop behind him.

Sayuri nods slightly, looking around the dining room as she bit her lower lip. She rose her eyebrows and squinted her eyes slightly. "So what do ya want to do today? I was kinda hoping that we had at least a day to ourselves." She turns her head, only to find Sasuke staring at her with wonder. He blinked a few times. This confused Sayuri until she realized what she said.

"That didn't come out right," she whispered to herself. She mentally scolded herself for saying such. "Just because we're still celebrating our victory on passing the quiz, you know?" She laughed nervously; her laugh was obviously fake. She hoped Sasuke went along with her excuse. Sayuri didn't want this moment to be more awkward than it has to be. She looks back up at Sasuke, secretly hoping he was looking away.

Wrong.

Sayuri ended up coughing. She averted from his eyes and looked down at the table to avoid embarrassing herself even more. She tapped her fingers on the table. "Stop staring at me, at least!"

Sasuke shook his head and looked away from her. He quietly scoffed. "Hn. Sorry."

"Well, come on. There's gotta be something we can do!"

Before Sasuke could even take a breath in to respond back to her, a tune sounded from Sayuri's cellphone. He rose his eyebrows, and Sayuri furrowed hers. She picks the phone up from the table and takes a look at the caller ID. On the screen, it showed an unknown number.

Sayuri stares at the screen in wonder. She was so tempted to answer the call. After debating on whether she would answer the call or not, she ended up responding to it after the fifth ring. She held the phone up to her right ear, though she wasn't fast enough to say anything. The person on the other line immediately spoke.

"Sayuri Nakahara?" A feminine voice rung through the phone.

"Uh," she clears her throat after hearing that her voice was weak. "yeah, who is this?"

"It's Hinata, Yuri-chan."

Why did Hinata call me? Sayuri coughed once again. "Oh. What do you need, Hinata?"

She heard Hinata stutter over the line, yet she couldn't get out what the female Hyuuga was trying to say. Sayuri had to wait for a few seconds until Hinata's sentence finally became clear.

"I need your help with someone..."

Someone? Oh dear.

"He saw the whole thing yesterday and now he refuses to come out of the room," she added.

"What's going on in the other line?" The Uchiha rudely interrupted. Sayuri presses her index finger to her lips, signaling him to be quiet. She tried to not seem irritated by it; it may upset Sasuke... again...