SanJyuu-Ichi ~ Uchiha in jail

31- Uchiha in jail

- - - - - -

"It's been a week, Sayuri."

I sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed in the guest room. Itachi closed the door and walked in front of me, crossing his arms.

He was staring at me, waiting for an answer. "You can't give us the silent treatment any longer. You'll have to tell us sooner or later." I avoided making direct eye-contact with him by looking at the objects around the room. I prayed that he would give up and leave the room, but he wouldn't budge. I should have locked the door.

"You're going to tell me now, Sayuri," he partially demanded, as his words had a hint of sincerity in them. "Sasuke and I are getting really worried about you."

I gave him an annoyed look. "Really?" I retort. "Sasuke is worried about me?" Sarcasm.

"Of course he is. Didn't you two end off your little rivalry a long time ago? Why wouldn't he be worried?" I lied down on the bed, my right arm rested on my eyes. And after a moment, I hear Itachi speak again. "It's been long enough, Yuri-chan."

Hearing him call me by my nickname, I knew I'd have to tell him. I sat up, holding my legs to my chest with my arms. I took a deep breath before starting. "My mother never had a baby in her stomach. There was a damned cyst in her ovaries that causes false positive pregnancy tests. I was half angry, half depressed. That's why."

Itachi blinked. He furrowed his eyebrows together. He was purely shocked at my words. "So that means... your mother was never pregnant?"

"And I never had a little brother or sister," I wasn't sad about it anymore. It was immediately replaced with anger and annoyance.

"I'm really sorry... about the whole thing."

"It's not your fault."

Before Itachi could say anything else, his phone began to ring in his back pocket. Great way to avoid talking more about this whole thing. He takes out his cellphone and checks the caller I.D. It must have been a number he didn't know, because his expression was of confusion. It could be important.

He holds the phone up to his ear after pressing a button. "Hello?" He takes the phone away from his ear and presses another button to enable the speaker phone.

There was a deep cough in response. A voice then responded back. "Hello, is this... Itachi Uchiha?"

I couldn't tell who it was. The voice wasn't really familiar to me. Itachi responds back, turning his head away from me. "Yes. Who is this?"

"I'm calling from the police station. We made an arrest to your... brother, Sasuke Uchiha."

I stood up, gaping my mouth open in shock. I tried my best to not yell, let alone say anything back. Itachi had to handle this.

Speaking of Itachi, his eyes were wide open. "Um, what did he do?"

"He was seen assaulting Kiba Inuzuka at the Konoha field thirty minutes earlier. But since this isn't much of a big case, we decided to let him go as soon as you all come here. You'll have to pay a small fine, though."

I didn't want to hear any more of the conversation. I've heard enough already.

I walked over to the bureaus and took out a black hoodie. I quickly put them on without zipping it shut. I slipped on a pair of black slippers and walked out of the room. "Hurry up, Itachi."

He follows behind my trail as I walked downstairs. I had mixed feelings about this whole situation right now.

Well, Sasuke, you're in deep trouble with both me and Itachi.