SanJyuu-Shichi ~ "Sas-gay!"

37- "Sas-gay!"

- - - - - -

The next three days seemed to pass like a breeze. Sayuri and Sasuke haven't avoided each other for long. For once, they began talking to each other like they normally would. Sasuke was definitely okay with that. At least he and Sayuri had resolved their problems. Everything was fine.

On the day of Kiba's and Sasuke's scheduled punishment-Day 21 of the project-Sasuke forgot about it until fifteen minutes prior to noon. He was frantically running everywhere in his room, getting dressed as quickly as possible. By the time that was over, he already had five minutes until he had to be there. And who's there to save the day? Itachi Uchiha.

The three step into Itachi's sports car and sped off. They didn't even try getting there before the five minutes were up. They knew their sensei would be late, as usual. But to their surprise, he was there by the time they drove by the school.

And so was Kiba.

Kakashi shot Sasuke a look as he steps out of the car. "You're late, Sasuke."

"I know," he sighed, walking toward the school without taking a glance back at the car.

Kakashi walks toward the sports car, lowering himself to look through the passenger's window. "They should be done in two hours."

Itachi nods, letting a smirk show on his lips before he closes the window and begins driving away from the school.

"Two hours?" Sayuri pursed her lips together. "Doesn't seem very long."

"Easy for you to say," Itachi chuckled, looking at Sayuri from the rear mirror. "Kiba and Sasuke had to go blind in this one. They don't even know what their punishment is." Sayuri nods. She was annoyed by the fact that he had somewhat corrected her. "Are you in the mood for some ice cream?"

Sayuri rose her eyebrows, surprised that he actually mentioned that term. "Where did that come from?"

He shrugged. "It just popped up in my mind somehow." Sayuri playfully rolls her eyes, crossing her arms as she grins and looks out of the window. "So I take that as a no? Alright, I'll just get one for myself-"

"No!" Itachi chuckles, making Sayuri huff. She hits the back of his head as he continues to laugh hysterically. Shooting him a glare, she states, "Well played, Uchiha."

~*~

There weren't many people walking around Konoha today, but it didn't mean there weren't any people walking through town at all. It was pretty strange, seeing that it was a sunny day outside. I guess people were feeling lazy today.

The ice cream shop had no customers, the reason being that it opened late because the owner accidentally left his keys in his house. That meant Itachi and Sayuri were the first two customers of the day. It wasn't really a big deal.

Itachi ended up ordering a chocolate flavored ice cream and Sayuri ordered a sherbet flavored one, both of theirs in a cup. They both simultaneously take out their wallets.

Sayuri scoffed. "I'm paying."

Itachi shook his head. "Nope."

She sighed in annoyance; she wasn't quick enough to get her money out of her wallet and now the ice cream has already been paid for.

While they were waiting, a short tune sounded from Sayuri's back pocket. Itachi looks at her as she takes out her cellphone from her back pocket and again, the tune plays.

"Two messages?" She unlocks her cellphone, taking her a few seconds before she got into her inbox. The first message was from Sasuke.

HELP ME.