Jyuu-Kyuu ~ "Sober" and demanding

19- "Sober" and demanding

- - - - - -

My eyes were wide open. Thoughts kept swirling all over my head. Why was he doing this to me? Why did he decide to kiss me? I know, it was because he was drunk, but I knew from someone that if you intoxicate yourself out of sadness, the truth usually comes out.

But, was this the truth? I did this to Sasuke?

He must have been in that black car that drove off when I pulled away from a stolen kiss. He must have been spying on me when I was with Kiba. Sasuke must have overheard the conversation I had with Kiba through the phone. He knew everything.

But the real question is: why did it affect him so much?

I'm just his long-time rival-- well, his project partner now. Apparently, he decides to think otherwise.

I grasped my sanity as soon as I felt him cup my cheeks into his soft hands. He was trying to deepen this drunken kiss. I nearly forgot about him being intoxicated until I tasted the alcohol on my lips and immediately pushed him away from me.

I panted as I tried to catch my breath after so long-- or a minute at maximum. Sasuke stared at me, obviously dumbfounded. The thing was, now that I look at him clearly, he now looked more sober than drunk. He was purely shocked.

"Why?" He finally asked.

"Why did you kiss me?" I sounded like I was demanding an answer from him as I backed away from him slowly.

He bows his head down slightly and stares into my eyes. "It was in my instincts." He blankly stated. But after a moment, he shook his head once and closes his eyes. "No," I furrowed my eyebrows together as soon as he immediately changed his answer.

"What?"

"Sayuri, I did this because I l--"

"I-I need to go," I quickly said, not even letting him finish what he was going to say. I stood up and bowed my head down, letting the hair fall on the sides of my face. I quickly walked to the door, but before I could even touch the doorknob, something grabs my wrist. Tightly.

"Stay," he growled.

"Sasuke--"

"If you resist, you're going to regret it."

I winced in pain as he tightens his grip on my wrist. Sasuke's attitude was getting way out of hand. This wasn't because of intoxication. He was losing his mind!

"Sasuke, you're hurting me!"

Before he could go any further, Itachi bursted into the room with a worried expression on his face. He inhaled as if he were going to say something, but stopped when he looked down at my wrist. It was red. Very red. I held onto it to see if it could ease the pain, but only ended up stinging me. I winced, once again.

"Sasuke," Itachi sighed, looking down. He shuts his eyes tightly. "What did you do to her wrist?"

He received no answer from his younger brother.

"I need to get out of here." I nearly shouted. I noticed that my voice had cracked at the fourth word.

"I'm not letting you go off with a wrist looking like that. I'm taking you to the hospital for a check-up." Itachi holds out his hand, but he realizes that he obviously couldn't hold my wrist. He hesitated for a moment, thinking if he should just put his hand down. But he just places it on my back instead and gently gives me a push to walk out of the room.

Itachi lowers his head down to my ear and says quietly, "Meet me downstairs. I need to talk to Sasuke for a moment."

I didn't want to say anything else, so I just nodded and walked off.

I couldn't believe it. I was practically begging to get away from Sasuke. I shouldn't be surprised, but I was. I wanted to get away from him not because I hated his guts, but because I was afraid of him. I was afraid of this side of him.

In fact, would I ever see him the same way again after what he just did to me?