SanJyuu-Ni ~ Is it clear to you now?

32- Is it clear to you now?

- - - - - -

"We're here for Sasuke Uchiha."

The officer at the front desk of the police department looked up from his paperwork. He squinted his eyes, looking back down and shuffling a few papers aside. He looked at what seemed like a list of phone calls made today. The pale officer nodded as he looked up. "Of course. Right this way."

He got up from his seat and began sauntering down to the hall on the right. Itachi and I followed behind and saw that we were walking into what seemed like an endless corridor with one door on each side meter after meter. After about half a minute or so, we finally walked through the eleventh door to the left.

It turned out to be an office with a huge window on the other side, showing a large view of Konoha. There were a few plants at the doorway and in the right corner of the room, there was a desk. Another police officer sat there behind the desk.

And the person who sat in front of him was Sasuke.

I had barely heard a question coming out of the officer. "Do you know those two?" He shot Sasuke a look as he sat up straight.

The duck-butt only nodded.

Wow. That officer's treating him like he's a kid who lost his parents.

The person we saw at the front desk already left, so it was only us four in the room. Itachi and I gave each other a quick glance before we walked over to where the other two sat. There were only two chairs there, and Sasuke was sitting on one of them. Itachi insisted that I take the seat, though I refused. That pretty much left us in a five-second silent argument before we decided that we were both going to stand.

The officer sighed, looking back down at some more paperwork. "A Konoha resident called and informed us that Sasuke assaulted Kiba Inuzuka, leaving him with a stomach ache and a large bruise on his cheek," I automatically tensed up upon hearing this. I tried keeping myself under control as he continued. "It's not really much of a serious case, so we could easily let him out on a ¥3000 bond."

"Doesn't seem too bad," Itachi blankly states, taking out his wallet from his pack pocket. "But he's still in trouble..."

I looked down as soon as I realized that my hands were resting on the arm rests of the chair Sasuke was sitting down on. I took a breath, slowly removing my hands from the chair. But that only caused Sasuke to turn his head and look up at me.

"We're talking later," I managed to let out.

Again, the duck-butt nodded.

~*~

"So that was what you've been doing?"

I could have sworn I heard Sasuke sigh out of annoyance as Itachi begins his scolding. Though, I have to admit. Itachi's acting like he's Sasuke's father or something. I feel bad for Sasuke. I guess it was because I could somehow relate to his whole situation. Hah, no, I didn't get myself arrested. But I've been in loads of trouble before.

I haven't been paying much attention to what Itachi was saying while he was driving home. I was pretty much drowned into my thoughts. It was that way until I heard Itachi ask a question. "You obviously did this for a reason. So, why'd you do it?"

I was now interested in this whole conversation. It finally had some sense into it. I leaned forward toward Sasuke's car seat, which made him look me in the eye. I rose my eyebrow. "I'd like to know as well."

Sasuke took a deep breath, muttering some unnecessary words under his breath. I rolled my eyes, slumping back down onto the leather seat as if I were a misbehaving five-year-old.

And now, Sasuke finally decides to explain why.

"Because I thought Kiba was the reason behind Sayuri's depression."

My eyes widened. "What?" Itachi and I let out at the same time.

I blinked, unable to take my eyes off of Sasuke. I was just that shocked. "Why would you think that?"

"It's obvious that there is something going on between you two, Baka," I froze, noticing his tone as he answered back to me. It wasn't of anger, but... of hurt? "I just assumed he broke your heart, so I called him over and... you know the rest."

"Well, you assumed wrong." I muttered.

"So, is it clear to you now?" I blinked, making the Uchiha sigh. "Do you understand why I did that?"

"Yeah, I got it."

He only knew that the cause of my depression wasn't because of Kiba, and it wasn't even close to the real reason why. But I still hesitated on whether I should tell him or not. Would he laugh? Would he just say "That's it? That's the reason why?"? I could even picture him saying that exact sentence in my mind.

Gah, life's just way too confusing sometimes...