Jyuu-Shi ~ Phone call

14- Phone call

- - - - - -

"So," Itachi states as I sit down on the couch. I yawned as I nearly shut my eyes, but I resisted and looked up at him with my head resting on my hand. He stands with his arms crossed. "I heard a lot of screaming last night. Care to enlighten me?"

"It's not what you think, Itachi--"

He chuckles. "I know. Go ahead and tell your reasons."

I smiled brightly as I sat up. "Simple. I was too hyper last night, and I asked Sasuke to drain my energy. He carried me, I screamed, and that's when I was knocked out. There."

"Fair enough," he shrugged. "Do you think you can wake up Sasuke for me? Breakfast is almost done."

He walks out of the room to the kitchen without letting me answer. I obviously don't have a choice.

I was already dressed and washed up, so I didn't really have to do anything. Today was my lazy day, hm. All I had to do was wake up Sasuke, and then I could relax for heaven knows how long.

I reached the guest room, seeing that the door was left open. Whoops, I forgot to close it. I stepped in, ready to basically ruin Sasuke's deep sleep when my phone vibrated a few times in my back pocket. I panicked; it sure made a loud noise when it's in quiet room. I took a few steps back, exiting the room while watching if Sasuke was awakened altogether. I walked a few feet away from the room before I took out my phone and found out who was calling.

Kiba.

I froze. I haven't spoken to him since the project started, which was possibly about a week or less. But it seemed so long. Maybe because I talk to him literally everyday. And ever since I saw Kiba having a good time with Hinata at the meeting, I was really distant from him. I focused more on Sasuke than I did Kiba.

And now, Kiba decided to call.

The phone reached its fifth vibrate, and I answered quickly before he was sent to voicemail. I realized it was a huge mistake. My heart raced. I was nervous. "Kiba... hey."

The other line went silent for a second before it answered back with a sigh. "Sayuri. It's... been awhile since we've talked."

I gulped. "Y-Yeah. It has. Sorry about that. I've been busy with the whole project and all."

"I know. So am I," he chuckled, and I joined him for a second until he continued. "So, we haven't seen each other in awhile, either. And I was wondering if... we could meet up at the fields tomorrow morning at ten? If you're not busy, that is."

I gulped, once again. After a week of not seeing each other, he was now asking for us to meet again. And this time, it wasn't on school grounds. He was asking me to meet up with him alone. It was different.

"Um..." I was sure by my answer that I might have either worried or disappointed Kiba. And I was sure I disappointed him enough by basically avoiding him since moving in with Sasuke. I decided to respond with, "well, I'm sure I might not be busy at that time. I guess we could meet."

I had on a small smile. I knew Kiba was smiling through the other line. His tone of voice proved it. "Really?" He coughed. "Ehem, I-I mean--"

"Ten o'clock sharp, then!" I cheered as I hung up without saying goodbye.

I forgot Kiba for a week, and now, meeting up with him at the fields would make up for it.

~*~

Sayuri slyly smiles as she looks down at her phone. It seemed as if she were hypnotized when she walked down the hall, forgetting to do what Itachi had asked her-- or demanded her --to do. But it was no need.

Sasuke was already awake and by the door.

He had heard the conversation she had with Kiba, from the start to the end. He didn't think it would be such a big deal to him that she was meeting up with him tomorrow morning, but it was.

And what he planned to do that same day was surely not the most recommended thing to do, but he was still going with it.

He had to, because his mind kept telling him to.