NiJyuu-Kyuu ~ "That broke my heart."

29- "That broke my heart."

- - - - - -

Sayuri finally managed to come out of the bedroom and catch up on her daily meals. She looked as refreshed as ever, but she was now acting mute. She never spoke at all, nor has she talked to anyone- any of the Uchiha brothers, that is. And the two took notice of her sudden change of attitude.

They thought her depression would wear off in a few days, but they were wrong. A week had passed. She's still mute. Kakashi even made two visits to the house for their reviews, but he didn't know about her depression. She didn't let the Uchihas tell him. Sayuri managed to deceive him by looking happy and signaling him that she couldn't speak because she had a sore throat. She was clever with the whole plan, too. She wore heels, so when Itachi or Sasuke tried to deny what she said, she would stomp their feet with the heel of the heels.

Sasuke hoped that Sayuri would revert back to her usual ways again, but he thought one week was too long. He missed hearing her complain about how Itachi kept teasing her over the littlest things. He kept distant from her, but during the week, he had been planning something.

He walked into the guest room as soon as he heard the water running from the bathroom. Sayuri was showering. Sasuke knew that she would take at least twenty minutes before she felt fully refreshed and stopped showering. This was his only chance to sneak into the room and get her cellphone.

Sasuke leaves the door slightly open as he walks quickly to a bedside table. He opened the drawer, finding nothing in there. He grunts in frustration, shutting the drawer. He looks around the room. Still no sign of her cellphone lying around anywhere.

Where would Sayuri's cellphone be if it weren't here? In the bathroom Sayuri was showering in.

Great. This puts a dent into his well thought-out plan. But desperate times call for desperate measures. If he wanted to find out what she was so depressed about, he was going to have to sneak in there and get it. But sheesh, sneaking into a bathroom where a teenage girl was showering in was a perverted move.

Knowing he had no other choice, he hesitantly walked toward the bathroom door, placing his hand on the doorknob. He didn't expect the door to be unlocked, but to his surprise, it was. The door had opened easily.

Sayuri clearly wasn't thinking straight this week, but that didn't matter to Sasuke right now.

Steam immediately came out from the bathroom, blinding him for a second. He took the time to think fast. It's now or never.

Sasuke sticks his head through the door, taking a quick glance around the bathroom. He hoped to find her cellphone lying on the top of the sink. Steam was still inside the bathroom. It made it a bit hard for Sasuke to see clearly. Once the steam cleared up a little, he found her cellphone lying on the sink.

The bad thing was that the phone was very close to the shower curtains.

Sasuke was awed. He had to be a lot quicker this time. Sayuri might be done showering any minute now.

Taking a deep breath, Sasuke takes a few slow steps inside the bathroom. He was still by the door, but he wanted to see if reaching his arm out would be enough to reach the cellphone without taking another daring step. He stretched out his left arm, leaning toward the sink slowly. The cellphone seemed far to him, which pissed him off. At least he was lucky enough to reach the edge of the phone.

He slid the phone toward him with his middle and index finger. Sasuke picked it up, gripping it tightly so it wouldn't slip from his seemingly sweaty palms. He had successfully snuck in and got her cellphone. Now, he just needed to sneak back out, fast.

Sasuke walked backwards out of the bathroom, barely shutting the door. As he turned to run out of the guest room, the running water stopped.

This gave Sasuke even more pressure. He ran quickly out of the room and down the hall. He acted as if there were those fan-girls from school chasing him after they had broke into his house.

He ran inside his room, shutting the door. Sasuke was panting. That was close.

Sasuke slid down on his door and sat on the floor, taking a look at Sayuri's cellphone. He pressed a button, making the screen light up. It showed the screensaver- a picture of her favorite singer.

Sasuke slid his thumb up the screen. He assumed that it was the way the phone was unlocked. She didn't even have a password set up on her phone. It went straight to her homepage.

Something in his mind told him to check the inbox first. He scrolls down until he found a chat box icon that read "messages." He tapped the icon and it redirected him to her inbox. It was nearly empty.

She must have deleted the messages. No wonder why she didn't set a password on her phone. She basically had nothing to hide.

There was only one thread that Sayuri apparently forgot to delete, or appeared after she deleted everything. Out of curiosity, Sasuke tapped on it and it showed only three messages. It was a short conversation between her and Ino.

Yeah, it's true. I can't believe it either.

To: Ino

10:45 AM, Sept 14

What's true? Sasuke shook his head, looking back down at the screen.

Darn, fate must really hate you today.

From: Ino

10:47 AM, Sept 14

That broke my heart.

To: Ino

10:48 AM, Sept 14

What broke her heart?

These messages were from about fifteen minutes ago, before Sayuri started showering.

Sasuke was now utterly frustrated. He had only found out part of her situation. She was heartbroken. But why?

He thought of many theories to what would have hurt her so much. He tried remembering situations that happened last week. The one situation that he hoped to forget was the first thing that popped up in his mind: the moment he saw Kiba kiss Sayuri.

That's it. Sasuke set his mind on that one theory. Kiba must have sent her threats through text, or he must have found someone else and told her to beat it. Maybe he broke her heart. This was a high possibility, according to him.

Maybe this was just Sasuke's excuse of having a reason to beat the living soul out of Kiba. Let's face it, he's starting to care about Sayuri now, but he's dealing with the wrong situation.

Ladies and gentlemen, hell just broke loose.