ShiJyuu-Roku ~ Leave it to the sensei

46- Leave it to the sensei

- - - - - -

"Sasuke finally admits it, eh?"

"What? That he thinks I'm a player?"

"No, that he likes you."

Sayuri lied down on the bed with her hands entangled into her hair. She stares up at the ceiling above her as Itachi sits beside her on the edge of the bed, watching her take her stress out on her hair. Sayuri was like a machine as she repeatedly kept sighing out of frustration. She looked like she was about to rip her hair off.

She had walked all the way from Hinata's house to the Uchiha mansion. You must be wondering about Sasuke's whereabouts, no? Well, he knew by common sense that Sayuri wouldn't want to ride in the car with him to go back to the mansion because of the short but sudden argument. He convinced himself to not try to get her to ride in the car; he didn't want to resort into forcing her to get in when she denied numerous times. As he drove, he found himself not driving back to his house, but somewhere else instead.

Itachi finally stood up after sitting beside Sayuri for nearly twenty minutes. He didn't want to get her even more worked up just by staying with her. As he approached the door, he slightly turned his head to look at her from the corners of his eyes. "Shall I call Kakashi? Maybe he can try to resolve things between you and Sasuke."

"We've troubled him enough, so no."

He sighs, turning his back toward the door. He places his palm on the doorknob. "Suit yourself."

Sayuri clenched her fists tighter and tighter as Itachi left the scene. She couldn't understand why she was making such a big deal out of being called a player by Sasuke. After all, when they were once enemies, she wouldn't let that affect her as much as she knew that was what rivals do. Maybe this is a different situation.

Meanwhile, Itachi was in his own room, pacing back and forth from one wall to the wall parallel to it. He was hesitant at that moment. Hesitant on whether he should just call Kakashi to get this whole problem solved and over with. But at the same time, he didn't want Sayuri to get even more upset than she was right now.

What a sucky situation to get involved into, hm?

The strange thing was when he decided to call Kakashi anyway, his phone had already rung through the room. Itachi grunted in frustration after realizing he'd misplaced his cellphone. He began rummaging through his own room, basically picking up items and tossing it on the bed if the phone was nowhere near that item. Riiing...riiing...riiing... The fifth time the tune replayed was when Itachi finally found his phone. He was barely able to answer the phone call; the caller would have been sent to voicemail if he was a second late.

Without even checking the caller ID, Itachi presses the answer button and holds it up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Ah, Itachi?"

That voice was too obvious. It was the sensei himself. Itachi slyly smiled. At least he would have another reason for telling Kakashi about the whole situation. "I was just about to call you."

"Huh? About what?"

"Sayuri and Sasuke."

"Weird. I was going to talk to you about those two," Itachi remained silent, letting Kakashi continue on the other line. "They seem to have another problem going on between them... again."

"I know. Sayuri explained it to me," Itachi looks up at the ceiling as he rubs his forehead with his free hand. Something crossed his mind, making him lower his head again. "Wait a minute, how did you know about this? Did Sayuri tell you as well?"

"No. Sasuke did. He's here with me."

Immediately getting back on the subject, Itachi interrupts before Kakashi could say anything else. "So, I guess you're going to do something about it, are you?"

"Of course. Leave it to the sensei," he sighs over the line. "I swear, it's like I'm their personal therapist."

"Oh well."

Leave it to the sensei to solve the problem. Yeah, that's going to work out VERY well...