[5]

Five days late, I'm so sorry!

Luz waited at the library for half an hour for Amity, the kitten coming here every Saturday. She spotted Luz, the mutts tail wagging furiously, "Hi Amity! Good morning, how'd you rest? Would you like to get breakfast first or did you already eat?"

Amity smiled softly, the kitten going over to Luz, helping her up, "Hi Luz, good morning. I slept well, thank you for asking, I already ate. I return the questions back to you."

Luz took Amity's hand, opening the library door, "I was super excited to see you today, so I could hardly sleep but got enough to get out of bed! I also ate, just wanted to make sure so you wouldn't go on without eating."

Amity nuzzled Luz's cheek, the mutt's tail wagging furiously, "That's sweet of you Luz, are we re-reading another Azura book?" Amity asked, pointing to the book in Luz's other hand.

The mutt glanced down, pulled back, and got down on one knee. "Actually Amity.."

The kitten, now confused, stepped back a bit. "Luz?"

The mutt lowered her head, and held out the book, "Would you do me the honor of reading the seventh book, with me..?"

Amity gasped, putting both hands over her mouth, "Oh my Artimis–" Amity flapped her hands. "Yes! Yes absolutely!"

A random parrot walked by, rolling her eyes, "Get a room!" She huffed.

Amity ignored her, helping Luz up, and giving her a tight hug. The mutt hugged her back, her tail wagging furiously, "Luz you don't know how happy you've just made me!"

The mutt nuzzled in to her shoulder, "Well save that excitement for the book! We have all day to read it."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Amity could not sit still, the second she sat down, she would get back up again, pace around, and sit down, then repeat. "Amity, just come sit with me and I can start the book–" Luz smiled, not sure if this would work.

The kitten flapped her hands, purring loudly, "Start it start it– I-I'll relax once you've begun the story–"

Luz turned to the first page, looking down at the word, "Azura–"

Amity squealed, doing a small jump, then flapping her hands, "Luz keep going or I'll die–"

Luz laughed, "Amity come sit, I'll be reading the book! Just come sit."

The kitten went over to Luz, sitting by her, then looking at the book, then she looked away, then back at it. Luz took her hand, gently squeezing it, the tip of Amity's tail wagging swiftly. "I love that you're excited Amity, I really do, but I need you to calm down or I'll get excited and read this in half an hour–"

Amity snorted, then laughed. She moved about, then fell to the side, Luz catching her, the kitten nuzzling in to the mutts chest, "Ready?" Luz asked.

"Hm!"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

After four long hours, they finished the book. But oh no, it doesn't stop there, they were now re-reading it to catch any suspicious wording or drawings. Amity was still excited, Luz having to make this re-read quick.

Eventually they came up with multiple theories. "On three, we tell eachother our first theory, okay?"

Amity nodded, looking down at her flash cards. "One..Two..And three!" Luz exclaimed. "Azura is crushing on Hecate!" Both shouted.

Luz put her flash card down, Amity doing the same, "Yeah it's pretty obvious this book." Amity nodded.

"That's what I thought! Hecate must be super oblivious."

Amity glanced up at Luz, "You have.. No idea."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz had decided to re-re-read the book. One more time, before Amity left. The kitten was still excited, excited enough to repeat her process of getting up then sitting down. The mutt loved her enthusiasm, she truly did, but Luz could only hear Amity's fast footsteps in her head. "Amity–"

"Read it read it!"

"Well I need you to sit down–"

"Luz, start the book."

The mutt grabbed Amity's tail, the kitten yelping, pulling it back, "If you sit down, I'll start the book."

Amity whimpered, pacing around, then deciding to sit by Luz, the mutt pushing her down. Luz side hugged Amity on the carpet, shushing her, "I need you to relax.."

"Uh- Ehm- O-Okay-" Amity nervously laughed, purring loudly. "Su-Sure–"

Luz grabbed the book, sitting up, patting Amity's head, "Okay, ready?"

                    To be continued.