[20]

Tuesday

Illusions class was..Quiet. The teacher had a peaceful period to herself, the students still processing It Takes Two To Quarrel. It was hilarious though, she could hiss and the kids would get sad. But, this is a Lumity Fanfiction, not a Kivette.

Ahem. Luz cried to Amity, wailing and weakly beating her Amity's chest. "I-I did my research- Sniff-- WAHH- Hicc- A-And they're dead-- They died and they won't come back-" Luz sniffled.

Amity hushed her, rubbing her back, "It's okay Luz.." Amity licked her cheek. "I'm sure there's a book we can read where no one dies--"

"Wait-"

"Hm?"

Luz's tail began wagging, "We can see the turtle!!"

"Tortoise, Luz." Amity licked her cheek. "He was a tortoise."

"Can we go see him? Can we can we?" Luz gave Amity puppy eyes, leaning in. "Pleaseeeeee?~"

Amity gazed in to Luz's tempting eyes, trying, trying so very hard to look away.."Luz-- Don't--"

"Pawlease..?~~ For me??~~~" Luz blinked, taking Amity's paw and gently squeezing it. "I'll make you chorizo~"

Amity's tail shot up, the kitten nodding quickly, "I-I'll take you- We can go see the turtle-"

"Tortoise, Amity." Luz licked her cheek, nuzzling her briefly. "He was a tortoise."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Thank you magic beast!!" Luz smiled, waving at the giant crow like beast.

He tipped his head forward and took off, Amity fixing Luz's hat. "We must be careful. The heat can be bad for you Luz, drink lots of water okay?"

"Si Amor." Luz smiled, licking Amity's nose.

The kitten purred slightly, shaking it off and smiling, "Come on then, let's ask around."

Paw in paw, the two began at the closest tavern, entering it, being greeted with a chill breeze. "Welcome lassies! What can I get you?" The Catoblepas grinned, leaning against the counter.

"Uh.." Luz rubbed her neck, trying to recall what was safe for her to drink. "I think I'm good..I have water--"

"Cherimoya juice please, and an apple blood." Amity winked at Luz, taking her to the bar like seating.

They sat, the Catoblepas squeezing a yellowish fruit, pre-sliced of course. She worked quickly, grabbing a small bottle under the counter, pouring the liquid in a glass cup, sliding it towards Amity. The Catoblepas opened the container the squished fruit was in, taking the juice and pouring it in to another cup, sliding it towards Luz. "Anything to eat?"

Luz shook her head, taking the juice, examining the color of it. "..Do you have cockatrice?" Amity asked.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"This is?" Luz gently poked at her meal.

"Cockatrice and mantis shrimp pasta. No salt in the dough, safe additives." The Catoblepas smiled. "Enjoy."

She ruffled Luz's fur before she walked off to greet a new guest. Luz sniffed it out, looking to Amity. The pup picked up her fork, twirling it in the pasta, and held it out to Amity, "Try it for me first please?"

Amity opened her mouth, Luz feeding her the pasta, Amity humming as she pulled it off the fork. "Mm! This is good-"

Luz glanced down at it, her ears falling back, "I could've had the lunch I brought Amity.." Luz mumbled, twirling the fork in the pasta again. "I don't want them to go the extra mile to make sure I can eat it.."