[16]

"Listen up you animals." The teacher blew her horn, her claws leaving a print on the dirt. "Today's that one day of the month where we check how you're growing, or not."

The dragon looked to all the students, pointing to a unicorn, "One." She pointed to another student. "Two. I'll give you all a number, you go to the sign with it, form a line. Three."

After about ten minutes, the lines were formed, and the tests began. Amity nuzzled in to Luz's back, her tail swaying from side to side slowly, "Querida, I'm next.." Luz turned slightly. "I'll be quick."

Amity nodded slowly, watching Luz jog up to the dragon. "Sit."

Luz sat down, gazing up at the dragon, "..."

"You're a non-magical beast, aren't you?" The dragon spoke.

Luz nodded, "Will my test be different then?" Luz asked.

"It will be." The dragon scribbled over tests. "Okay. Paw."

Luz handed the dragon her paw, the pup hearing a click, receiving a star sticker. Luz's tail wagged swiftly, the mutt placing it on her shirt. "Alright, idea." The dragon pat her thigh. "Heel."

The pup shot up, following the dragon to a more open space, watching her stomp her claw down. Pillars rose, Luz recognizing this as the training course and park back home. "Oh wow!" Luz's tail wagged swiftly. "I haven't seen one of these in forever!"

"So you know what to do then." The dragon uttered.

"Yes yes yes yes!" Luz backed up slightly. "Hm-"

"One lap, don't mess up."

Luz nodded, the dragon looking at her watch. "..Go."

The pup weaved through the bars, sliding through the rocky tunnel, scrambling up. She hopped up the pillars, landing perfectly on the grass before she jumped and grabbed the ape bars. She skipped one as she grabbed another, keeping pace, her tail being the thing that hurt the most due to how fast it wagged.

Luz rushed back to the dragon, grinning up at her while trying to slow her tail. "Did I do good?" Luz asked.

"Very good." The dragon pat Luz's head. "Go to the fairy over there, she'll check your height, weight, and flexibility."

Luz nodded, waving at Amity before rushing to the fairy. The kitten stepped forward, her tail tucking in between her legs, how she hated these tests. "Down and give me twenty." The dragon hissed.

Amity shakily exhaled, "Yes ma'am.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"A-And then she said I was weak-" Amity wailed, hugging Luz tightly.

"You're over-exaggerating Amor." Luz rocked Amity in her arms. "I was right there! I was ten feet away I heard what she said!"

Boscha nodded, "16-21-19-19-25." Boscha said slowly to make sure she got the numbers right.

Willow sighed, "Rude. But not wrong." The Pegasus slid her arm in between Boscha's and her side, holding the manticore's hand. "Progress. You're doing great Boscha."

The manticore leaned against the Pegasus, nuzzling her cheek, "Thank you Flower. Mostly for staying by me, you make me happy."

Willow chirped quietly, licking Boscha's cheek, "You make me happy too Boscha. I think you're ready for a reevaluation from my dads'."

"Are you sure? I don't think it's time.."

Willow hummed, "Then I'll just mention how amazing you're doing," Willow turned Boscha's head, giving her a kiss. "Because you are. As always."

Boscha covered her face, feeling her tail threaten to clack. "You're so close to making me purr just with words it's embarrassing--" Boscha uttered.

"Someone's gone soft.." Amity sniffled, wiping her snout.

Luz nuzzled Amity's cheek, "You're one to talk." Boscha hissed. "Willow, hold me."

"I already am Boscha." Willow lightly blew in her ear. "You subconsciously crawled in my lap, but I don't mind. You deserve it."

Boscha smugly grinned, her wings lightly flapping, "Thank you Flower."

Luz glanced around the room, spotting a vulture like beast preening their partner. "Wish I was a bird.." Luz mumbled.

"Bird?" Amity clarified, looking up at Luz.

"I like how they preen their partners, it's cute.." Luz nodded to the beasts. "And how their feathers ruffle when they see something they like.."

Amity lightly nudged Luz, "Like how your tail wags every time you see me." Amity smiled.

Luz nuzzled Amity's cheek, "Exactly like that. But they fix eachothers fuzz, knock their beaks together and it's so cute."

Amity turned in Luz's lap, lightly knocking her forehead against her pup. She ran her fingers through Luz's fur, fluffing it up, then Amity chirped. Luz felt her heart melt, gazing at Amity with the most loving eyes, her tail wagging furiously behind her.

Luz's ears drooped down, the pup sighing contentedly, gently nuzzling Amity. But she couldn't contain her love. She barked, licking Amity's cheek, holding her close, "Hehehehe- Luz you goofball-"

The pup whimpered, barking again, squeezing Amity. "I love you Amity-- I love you so much my lovely kitten-"

Amity nuzzled Luz's cheek, hushing the puppy, "I love you too Luz, my excited pupper." Amity licked Luz's nose. "Querida.."

That sent Luz over the edge. The pup howled softly, her foot tapping swiftly on the floor. "Cut it out lovebugs." Boscha hissed, leaning back on Willow. "You two being cute is gross."

Luz snarled, hugging Amity, keeping her kitten safe. "Say that again and you'll see what dogs can do." Luz growled.

Amity hushed her pup, moving her fur back, "Calm down Puppy. Hush."

Luz glared back at the students, making them flinch and return to their meals. Luz smiled up at Amity, her tail wagging swiftly, "You dummy." Amity smiled softly, what a silly puppy.

To be continued.