[6]

Next morning, Luz had found Amity at the market. The mutt had noticed her scent lingering in the air, so she followed it to the stand she was actually going to. "So she hasn't come yet?" Amity asked the vendor.

"Nooope."

Luz went over, Amity's ears perking up, the kitten looking over, jumping back. "L-Luz! Ah- Good morning-"

"Morning Amity! Were you waiting for someone?" Luz asked, handing the vendor two snails, pointing to an egg.

He bagged it, handing it to Luz, the mutt thanking him, "Uh- Well- No-"

Luz began to walk past her, Amity quickly following her, "What are you doing at the market?" Luz questioned. "It's a bit dangerous here y'know."

Amity fumbled with her words, "Ju-" Amity paused, trying to think of an excuse. "Just uhm looking around at the stands!"

Luz ooed, "Were you looking for anyt- hing specific?"

"Yeah you-" Amity whispered. "No not really! Just wanted to know what the- re was-"

Luz nodded, "Are you free right now?"

Amity paused, was Luz going to ask her out on a date? Were they about to make out right now- "Uhm yeah!" The kitten blurted out.

"Do you want to come over? Eda's going to make breakfast, we'll be watching a movie after." Luz said, taking a left, pulling out two more copper snails.

Amity followed closely behind, "If you wouldn't mind me coming, I would like to come.."

Luz pointed to a cupcake, the vendor carefully picking it up, putting it in a small carrier, taking the snails and handing over the cupcake. The mutt thanked him, continuing to lead the way, "I don't mind it at all, it's why I'm inviting you." Luz smiled.

Amity's tail lowered itself, swaying from side to side slowly, "O-Oh- Yeah- Right-" Amity lightly scoffed. "Duh-"

Luz smiled softly, taking Amity's hand and pulling her forward, right by her- self. "Come on, it'll take awhile to get there so let's get going!"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Edalyn placed the plate of assorted snacks on the coffee table where Luz and Amity were right by, watching the orb. "Thank you Ms.Clawthorne!" Luz smiled, her tail wagging swiftly.

"Eh. No biggie. If you need me, I'll be asleep because of the rain." Eda said, yawning, then begrudgingly heading to the stairs.

Her wings lightly flapped behind her, tucking in as she went up the stairs. Luz backed up against the couch, pressing play on the remote, then putting it down, "You can relax Amity, it's okay." Luz spoke softly.

The kitten nodded slowly, "Thank you, Luz.." Amity said quietly.

The mutt schooched over, taking the kittens hand, leaning her head against Amity's. The kitten tensed, Luz feeling her stiffen. She pulled back, resting her hand on her lap, her ears falling back, "Sorry.."

Amity glanced over at her, Luz just looking at the orb, but not really paying attention. Amity took a quiet deep breath, moved closer to Luz, and leaned against her. The mutt put one arm around Amity, pulling her over a bit, nuzzling her cheek, her tail wagging swiftly.

The kitten purred quietly, Luz gently stroking her tail that was now wrapp- ed around her wrist. Amity pulled it back in an instant, apologizing very quietly, and watching the movie. Luz didn't mind it, she was just relatively glad Amity didn't mind her doing this. So all was well.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

The movie had gotten really interesti- ng. Amity had tried getting closer to catch any details, but by doing so, she got on Luz's lap. The mutt really didn't care, as long as Amity was happy. "NO NO NO! DON'T GO IN THERE!" Amity exclaimed.

Luz shushed her, Amity sitting back down in Luz's lap, "She's getting herself killed!"

Amity leaned back on Luz, the mutt resting her head on the kittens shoul- der, trying to see the movie. The main character heard a plate shatter, "Uh- Hello..?"

"You idiot! Now it knows you're there! Run!!!" Amity hissed, her fur standing on end.

Luz giggled, "Amity, it's just a movie."

The kitten snarled quietly, the main character now walking towards the kitchen. Only to be scared by a Gargoyle who had a knife and blood over their face. She screamed and ran, Amity screaming, "THAT DUMB GINGER!"

*It was a ginger cat playing the role

Luz shushed Amity, "It's okay! She's not dead!"

"Yet!!" Amity huffed. "Run faster!!!"

The ginger called her claws out, then rammed through the front door, climbing up the roof. The gargoyle snarled with built up saliva, hissing, scrambling up the roof. The ginger waited for him to get to the perfect spot, before she turned the knife on him, pushing him off the roof.

When he made contact with the floor, he shattered. "Oh Titans no..I need to call the Pawlice--"

Amity bit her claws, Luz shushing her, "It's okay, she's alive and going to call the Paw-"

"It's not dead--"

"Wha- Huh?"

"The gargoyle isn't dead-- Also why would it do that?-- Gargoyles aren't known to harm people--" Amity went on. "Was that thing on her back before?"

Luz looked back at the orb, the ginger now having a green bug like creature on her neck, "Oh no."

To be continued.