[40]

Wednesday.

School was finally able to be canceled.

Er- Postponed. Yeah, that seems right!

Good thing though, cause Luz couldn't handle it anymore. Steve had come over when Eda messaged him asking if it was okay that Luz come pick out dinner with her. He had come over, muzzle in claws.

The issue was, Luz actually wanted to go outside today! Til she saw the silver muzzle, and scrambled away, hiding somewhere in the house. Eda let Steve come in, closing the door and going to look for Luz. It did take awhile, but Eda came down alone.

Luz desperately wanted to go outside, take in the boiling Isles smell-- But she couldn't handle another second of that danged muzzle! So she stayed home with Hooty and King, Steve deciding to accompany Eda.

"I don't want to test it.." Luz mumbled.

"Please Luz..? I haven't been able to play catch in so long! Just one round! Then we can go back inside!" King held up his rubber ball.

"King, I don't..Want to risk anything.." Luz's ears drooped.

King saddened, "Okay.." He walked back inside.

Sulking, King went back to the couch, curling up around his ball. Luz closed the back door, going over to King, gently stroking his back. "Eda will come over to play catch with you soon I promise.."

"I want to play now..!" King turned. "Please Luz?"

"King-"

He took her paw, forcing her to go to the backdoor. "It's just one game, I promise!" He opened it, stepping out. "Catch! Catch! Come on Luz, I know it's one of your favorite words!!"

"King, I'm not allowed outside without a muzzle!"

"You never want to play with me!" King sat, pouting. "You always hang out with your girlfriend-- What happened to Luz and King? King! Not Luz and Amity!" He whimpered. "It's not fair.."

Luz's tail tucked in between her legs. She needed to go comfort King, but she didn't want to risk wearing a muzzle for a longer period of time..

She stepped out, King perking, wiping his tears. He yipped, tossing her the ball, running a ways. Luz threw the ball, looking around nervously. She scratched her mouth, then around her head, over her ears, circling back to her mouth.

King tossed the ball, Luz catching it, throwing it a little farther than last time. Hooty chirped frantically, King and Luz flinching. "OFF THE LAND BUSTER!! EH- HEYYY THAT'S MY GRASSSS!!"

Luz and King ran back inside, the pup closing the backdoor and running to the front door. Hooty opened up, glaring at the guard. "Luz Noceda."

She gulped, "Yes..?"

He rose his paw, gently shaking the muzzle, "You've been outside..Without a muzzle.."

She cowered, "For just a second--"

He clicked his tounge, "Luz Noceda, for breaking a rule, we will be punishing you further. From now on, you will only be allowed to remove the muzzle when you sleep, eat, and drink."

Luz's ears fell back, "What-"

He stepped forward, uncliping the muzzle. King jumped away, Hooty gasping, "You will do no such thing!" Hooty extended, raising his head, slamming it down.

The guard darted him, Hooty falling limp against the wood floors. The guard grabbed Luz by her collar, forcing her down, "No-! What did I do wrong-- Please tell me what I d-did wrong!-" Luz shook, letting out a sob.