[39]

Tuesday.

Steve wasn't there.

Luz was muzzled by a flying deer and taken to school. She had softly explained that she had a girlfriend that she needed to greet with kisses and..

He said no. He uttered what she did the previous day as his hooves hit the ground roughly. "Do you think I have sharp antlers?" The cervidae uttered.

"Yes..Very sharp.." Luz nodded.

"Good. Good..I was afraid they were getting dull.." He shouldered her.

Luz winced, picking up the pace slightly. Amity was always here in the morning. She'd be here, right? Luz looked to her locker, turning to the deer and booking it to Amity's locker. Edric stood there, having put away Amity's book. "Dog? What are you- You're wearing a muzzle..-"

Edric perked when Luz hugged him and trembled, his ears flattening when this..This wasn't her usual behavior..The ceviade stomped over, paw cackling with electricity. "Damned Mutt." He growled.

Pausing for a second, Edric swiped at him, claw dragging across his cheek. He lowered himself, lifting Luz up, turning, and running away. "Wh- HEY!!"

He chased after Edric, the horned cat running towards a room. He closed the door to stall the deer, going to the first seat, setting Luz down on the table. Emira came over quickly, the deer ramming through the door, shattering it. He snorted, shaking his head, "You are so-"

The deer ducked, nearly falling back. He fixed his posture, glaring at Edric and Emira, the book she threw at him sliding across the floor behind him. He adjusted his footing and charged, inches away from digging his antlers in Emira. A collar was slid around his neck as he was kicked down, a jackalope keeping her knee in the center of his back.

Clicking her tounge slowly, she felt the frontal pedicle, poking his antlers. "It'd be a shame..If someone were to rip these off..From the very tip.." Viney leaned against his antlers. "I would know. Cause I fell against a rock and lost mine a few years ago.."

Viney pressed roughly on the antler, the deer snorting, struggling. He bleated, pushing himself up and kicking about. "Rodeo!" Jerbo hopped over. "Heads up!"

Dodging, Viney moved away in time for Jerbo to kick the deers head down. The deer faltered slightly before falling limp, Viney hitting his head roughly one more time for good measure. Luz scurried over, sniffing out the deer.

She yipped, jumping into Viney's arms, nuzzling her. "Hero!!"

"Woah there Sugar." Viney laughed, hugging Luz. "I ain't done much! How are you doing? Want me to take that off for you?"

Viney lifted the muzzle, ears lowering slightly before perking as she tried to remove it. "It's enchanted to stay on unless a key is used. Figured that out the hard way this morning.." Luz mumbled.

Jerbo lightly kicked the deers side, hearing a soft jingle. He reached into his pocket, uncliping the keys, offering them to Viney. There were several keys, so they would have to try them all.

Viney picked one, sliding it in the keyhole, turning. It beeped before letting out a soft hiss, and glowed blue. Luz barked, jumping back and shaking. The room went dark, the lights flickering as the muzzle darkened in color.

Luz yelped when it let off a shock, scrambling back and hitting a table. She scratched at the muzzle, grabbing it and trying to pull it off. Viney snapped the incorrect key, shuffling over to Luz, "I'm sorry Luz..But we have to keep trying.."

The pup lowered her head, trembling when Viney inserted another key. It clicked, the muzzle glowing blue again. Luz shook her head roughly, trying to pull off the muzzle before once again, it shocked her. Luz hit herself against the table, growling as she lied back down.