[56]

Thursday.

Luz's school was canceled Thursday, because apparently..If someone threatens your school, they call it off in case it happens. So Luz and Vee were dropped off at King's elementary school. "Luz, Luz look!" King yipped, showing off the drawing.

"Hey wait where am I at?" Vee leaned forward.

Luz awed, gently taking the paper and examining it. A drawing of herself, King and François (the stuffie) was revealed with pink lettering saying, 'My siStEr!'

"Can I keep this?"

"Yeah! It's for you!" His tail wagged, then stopped. "You like it, right?-"

"I love it!" Luz grinned, tail wagging. "I'm going to show it to Amity so she can buy me a picture frame for it!"

"Isn't that exploiting." Vee deadpanned.

"Not if Amity said I could ask her for stuff I need." Luz pat King's skull. "It's beautiful King, I'm going to keep it safe okay?"

"Mhm!" He ran back to his seat, pointing at a bottle of glue.

François squeaked, handing it to King who squirt some onto a paper. The teacher, an owl, came by and softly chirped to King. Soft enough to be heard, but not understood. King's tail drooped, curling up by his leg. He lowered his head, setting the bottle of glue down and gently folding the paper.

The teacher nodded, Luz and Vee's ears perking when they heard a quiet, "That's a good boy." The teacher walked off.

King stood, taking the folded paper and throwing it away, scampering back to his seat. Luz elbowed Vee, the basilisk standing and going to the trash. She picked out the paper, unfolding it carefully. She turned to Luz, baring her fangs.

Luz huffed softly, standing, "Eda can't ground me for this.." She muttered, walking towards the teacher.

The owl perked, looking back, "What can I help you with Noceda 2?"

"Just wondering, what did you say to my brother?"

"Adoptive brother, King? Nothing, he's an exceptional student is all." She smiled sweetly.

Luz's tail stilled, ears pinning back, "I know my brother's behavior, and you said something he didn't like. Can I know what you said to him?"

"Sit back down Sweetie, you're disrupting the class." She turned, walking to her desk.

Luz followed the teacher, steps quiet, claws scratching lightly at her clothing. "But I must know. He would never tell me, so you're my next bet. What did you tell my brother?"

The teacher sighed, "Adoptive brother, Sweetie. You can not call him such unless you're related by blood."

"Oh?"

"You're not responsible for him if you're not related." She grabbed some papers, hitting them lightly against the table to straighten them out.

Luz perked, "So if I bit you I wouldn't be responsible since we're not related?"

"Listen here, mutt." The owl sighed, feathers ruffling. "I am doing my job, and you being here bothers me, ya dig?" She jerked forward. "So go burrow your snout in some mud."

Luz stared, at ease. "We really must be going now, then." Luz turned, walking over to King. "Vamanos."

"Eh?- Where are we going?" He rose his arms, being picked up by Luz. "I took a potty break six minutes ago!"

Vee handed him the glued paper, smiling, "Out to the store to get snacks for a picinic."

He gasped, tail wagging, "Really?- Really!?" He yipped, nuzzling into the crook of Luz's neck, eager.