[63]

Monday, four days later.

Luz sighed as she opened the door, stretching on the steps before grabbing her bag. "Ready?"

"Ready!" King yipped, peeking out of her bag.

"Be home in time for breakfast." Camilla waved.

"We will." Luz smiled, walking to the sidewalk. "Count me down Brother."

"Five..Four..ThreeTwoOne- GO!"

Luz rushed forward, jogging down the street with a giggling King on her back, the sun finally rising enough to illuminate the area. Luz took in a breath of fresh air, and eagerly jogged about.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Vee! Vee walk me to school please!" King tugged at her sleeve. "Pleeeaaasseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

"Hermano, we'll be late if we walk you to school." Luz said. "Go with Mama, she'll take you."

Vee gently removed King's claw from her shoulder, smiling warmly. "We'll be there to pick you up, is that okay?"

King lit up, tail wagging, "With ice cream?"

Vee hummed, "If you do good in school today, I'll buy you ice cream." Vee poked his nose.

"Okay! I'll be the best in school today!" He yipped, taking Camilla's paw, "Let's go Mama!"

She shook her head lightly, smiling warmly, "Vamanos pues. I'll call the school later." Camilla waved to the girls.

Vee and Luz waved back, walking towards the gates and entering the school. Clara and Masha walked over, Vee jumping up and rushing to Clara. "Wait- Isn't this Masha's THING-" Clara grunted when Vee charged into her, falling back with her. "Ugh.."

"No fair! I even put a lavender perfume on and everything!" Masha frowned, crossing her arms.

Luz pat her shoulder, shaking her head lightly, "Tis a sad sight."

"Mughh.." Clara rubbed her head. "I don't remember training for this.."

Luz picked Vee up by her scruff, helping Clara stand, "It's okay, you can ask Amity for help. She's been helping me train too."

"And me!" Vee yipped. "I've been a bit behind but I'm getting back on track!"

"Speaking of," Luz grabbed Vee's collar. "You are overdue on six hundred dollar books. Turn them in, or you're coughing up all the money."

Vee cowered, "Yes Luz.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Amity huffed, gazing at the clock, tail clicking along with the sounds. A soft ringing went off, Amity perking and turning. "Finally."

She got up, walking back into the kitchen, scratching the stove, "You can rest."

It hummed, letting out a soft purr that died out as it turned off. Amity plated the lunch into a bento box, putting the bento box and a drink into a lunch bag before cleaning up. Once she finished, she grabbed the lunch, her backpack, and left.

Amity hummed softly as she fumbled with the potions in her bag, picking out a purple one and popping it open, downing it. "Disgusting.." She mumbled, taking a sharp breath.

Wings sprouted from her back, black as the night, feeling almost like leather. She jumped up, wings lightly flapping before she picked a direction and began flying over. The Owl House grew larger as she neared, Hooty spotting her and making a crash landing pad with his body.