[44]

Sunday.

"Are you sure you need this?" Perry looked to Gus.

"Yes, I'm sure." Augustus dropped the absurd objects in the cart.

Perry sighed, "This is coming out of your allowance, Son."

"That's okay. This is for my boyfriend, remember?" Augustus smiled. "He recently took a potion that would help speed up the growth and shedding, and he's been drowsy."

Perry let out a guttural hum, wings lightly flapping, "You told me this. Oh, you're staying over tonight!" Perry pat Augustus's head. "Look at you, being a good boyfriend."

"Dweebus?"

Gus looked to his right, "Steve!"

"Dweebus?-"

"Hey Little Man!" Steve stomped over, patting his head. "Getting things for my bro?"

Gus nodded, "I'll be over a little earlier than planned if that's okay?"

"Duh! Family loves you, Mom wouldn't mind you arriving early." Steve tipped his head forward. "Afternoon Mr.Porter! I'm Steve, Matt's older brother."

"Dweebus's Dad." Perry rose a brow.

Steve flinched, "Oh- Sorry- I-It's our bro thing-"

Augustus nodded, "Don't worry about it Dad."

'But I am worried about it..' Perry pat his head. "I won't. Come on, let's check out and bring this stuff to your boyfriend."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"And now I'm worried." Perry sighed sharply, holding his head.

Odalia rolled her eyes, drinking her tea, Edalyn shrugging, "Makes sense." Eda leaned forward. "It's good that you're worrying, you care about your son. My Pup brought me a book when I was babysitting, and it's actually really helpful." Eda opened her tote bag, sliding the book onto the table.

Alador cooed, "I've read that one before."

"So have I!" Harvey, the bronze colored pegasus, chirped. "This was when Willow went to school-"

"Oh yes, I am here on behalf of Boscha's moms." Gilbert rose his paw. "Cause they're out. Doing lesbian things."

Eda snorted, then sighed, "Do you think I should take Luz home?"

"No."

"Absolutely not."

"Are you seriously asking that??"

"Huh?"

"No!!"

Eda waved her wings, "She's not comfortable here!" Eda held her head. "Luz..Luz has been hurt..She's been muzzled, she couldn't eat what she needed to for the first three months of her stay, and she's treated so differently.."

Odalia set her cup down, "Edalyn, we all went to high school together. You went through the same thing, yet you got through it, didn't you? Why can't Luz do the same?"

Eda scratched her neck, "She can- But she's just a pup- Luz can't use magic to defend herself-! She'll get hurt. And I don't want that for her..Not again.."

Alador pat himself down, humming softly, pulling a collar from his coat, offering it to Eda. "I thought of that. Press it against her collar, it'll slink inside. Won't give her magic, but it'll protect her from any loose ones."

Eda hesitantly took the device, shaking her head slowly, "She won't like this.."

"She doesn't have to know. It's for her safety.." Perry pat her back.