[71]

Tuesday.

The golden mutt walked down the hall, tail lightly brushing along the floor. He stopped, looking to his left and stepping closer. "Luz Noceda."

A soft snort escaped her. "What."

"Why did you lie to me?"

Luz rose her head, grinning, "Me? Lie? What makes you say that?"

Hunter scoffed, glaring, "Had you really been the basilisk we search for, you would've begged for mercy."

Luz narrowed her eyes, ears pinning back, "You speak ill of the dead."

Hunter slammed his paw on the bars, "WHICH IS WHAT I WILL SOON BEING DOING TO YOU!!"

Luz jumped forward, grabbing his collar and holding him against the bars. She swiped his staff, stepping back quickly, back against the cold stone. Hunter faltered, the mutt opening his mouth, licking his lip, growling in disgust at the taste of blood.

He met her gaze, sighing and stepping back. "Have it your way, then. For assaulting a guard, you're without breakfast."

Luz's stomach growled at the mere mention, and she closed in on herself. "Then I'll relapse.." She whispered, eyes glossing over. "I've been doing so good.."

Hunter stilled, clicking his tounge, "Hand me back my staff and you'll get your meal."

Luz, with shaking hands, rolled the staff againt the bars. Hunter hesitated, kneeling down and picking his staff up, backing away. Luz backed into the corner, ears flicking, tail curling up by her side. Hunter huffed, stomping off, sending for breakfast.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Steve whistled as he walked down the corridor, spinning the key on his claw, slowing down. "Hey guys," He greeted the guards. "I was told to move this one to the front. Something about getting her ready for transport?"

"Hey Steve." A minotaur greeted. "The Golden Guard just passed by though, you sure?"

"Yeah, gotta get her tied up so they can take her to the castle." Steve shrugged. "I don't know though, it's what was on the report."

They moved aside, Steve stepping closer and unlocking the cell. Luz stood, holding her wrists out, being cuffed and led to the front. Steve placed a claw on her shoulder, gently squeezing it and ushering her to walk faster. Steve didn't want to do anything illegal, so he bailed her out.

With Hunter's card.

Steve kept the receipt, uncuffed Luz, and ran out with her. She rushed to Lilith, the first true scent she recognized, and sniffed her out. She had a scent, and it was like freshly squeezed blueberries. Luz held her tightly, burrowing her snout in between her arm and side.

Luz took a deep breath, gripping Lilith's shirt, "Please take me home.."

"You'd see best," Hunter stepped outside. "That you left the mutt here, Ms. Clawthorne."

Lilith moved Luz behind herself, steam exiting her nostrils, "The basilisk was found dead, Hunter. You are accusing my niece of being dead. Do you know how stupid that is?"

Hunter glared, "No, because I have proof."

Luz snorted, sniffing Lilith's feathers, ripping something out from under the layers. That metallic scent, the soft 'clicks' she heard-- Oh, good. At least she wasn't hearing things. Luz growled, crushing the small camera in her palm. Hunter looked at her, confused. "What, didn't think it'd automatically send to my work computer, did you?"