[14]

'Are we really doing this?' Luz asked herself, fixing her jacket. "..I'm scared.."

Amity turned quickly, "What-"

Luz's ears drooped down, the pup shaking her head and stepping away from the portal. "I don't-- I don't want to go back--"

Eda placed her hand on Luz's head, "I know you don't kid.." Eda sighed, adjusting her sweatshirt. "Which is why I'll be going instead."

"Huh--" Luz and Amity looked at the beast with wide eyes.

"I've been there before, and since I'm caring for you, I'll do the hard parts." Eda ruffled Luz's fur, walking towards the portal. "Come on Kitten in Boots, you got the list don't ya?"

Amity flinched, licking Luz's forehead before rushing through the portal, Eda following her through. Owlbert chirped, flying through with the key in his talons. The portal closed, King sitting down, looking up at Luz. The pup fell to her knees, taking in a shaky breath, "I'm such a coward.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Three hours later, the portal opened once more, Amity, Eda, and Owlbert rushing in with bags. "Close it." Eda looked to Owlbert.

He squeezed the key, the portal closing before disappearing. "Luz?" Amity looked around. "Pup?"

"She's talking with Hooty.." King spoke softly, gently tugging at Amity's pant leg.

She looked down at him, then noticed the open door where Hooty wasn't. Amity walked to the kitchen, placing the bags down before going upstairs. She knocked on Luz's door, "Pup?"

"Come in.."

Amity opened the door, peeking in, "Luz are you alright?" Amity asked, entering the room, closing the door behind herself.

Luz shook her head slowly, Hooty slowly unwrapping himself from Luz, the pup dropping a paper. Hooty nuzzled Luz's cheek, retracting. Amity knelt down in front of Luz, lifting her chin up, "Pup are you okay? Did you try to do something?"

"I'm sorry..--" Luz choked out.

"For what? Luz you've done nothing wrong--" Amity caressed her cheek, wiping her tears. "What happened?"

"I'm such a coward-- Why'd you pick me..?-" Luz hiccuped, lowering her head. "I'm such a loser-- Just-- A mutt in a world I don't belong..-"

"Where did these lies come from??" Amity lifted her chip up. "Luz who's feeding you such lies?? As far as I'm aware you're brave, awesome, such a good pup that's taking on the unknown!" Amity licked Luz's forehead. "Luz Noceda, you're not a coward. You're not a loser. You are a mutt in a world you don't belong, but are making it work. And I love you for that."

Luz lowered her head again, hiding it in Amity's chest, crying quietly. "I don't deserve you Amity..Hicc-"

The kitten hushed her pup, rubbing her back gently, "You deserve so much more Luz.." Amity lied back, allowing Luz to get more comfortable. "I love you..So much, Luz.."

The pup sniffled, taking shaky breaths as tears continued to stream down her fur. "I love you Amity--"

"I love you more.." The kitten squeezed her pup. "But this isn't something you should keep to yourself, so we're going to talk about this okay?"

Luz nodded, "Just don't leave me..--"

"I won't Luz. But please, tell me what's been bothering you since this morning.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Boscha that tickles--" Willow giggled, gently pushing the manticore back.

"I'm just nuzzling your precious fur and showing you love! This tickles?" Boscha purred, nuzzling in to Willow's neck.

The Pegasus chuffed, hugging Boscha, "It tickles Boscha, now," Willow gently rubbed her back. "What happened to you telling me your secret?"

Boscha relaxed, "I have a present for you." Boscha answered. "The secret, was a present. All you have to do is find it."

Willow paused, "Me. Find a present you got me. In this mansion??"

Boscha pushed herself up slightly, looking down at her Pegasus, "That's right Flower." Boscha kissed Willow before licking her cheek. "I'll give you a hint, it has a pumpkin on it and it's in the ball room."

Willow pushed Boscha off, nuzzling her cheek before she got up and rushed out the room. Boscha stood, walking after her. She barely missed Willow when the manticore turned the corner, slowly catching up. When she did, Boscha had the biggest grin on her snout. "Have fun Willow."

The ballroom, was filled with boxes, cartons, pots, actual pumkins, and so much more. "If I give you a kiss will you give me another hint?-" Willow blurted out.

Boscha held her arms out, Willow jumping in to her grasp. "Two kisses."

Willow kept her end of the deal, giving Boscha the two kisses. "Hint."

"There's a tag on it that says your name." Boscha nuzzled Willow.

Willow gave Boscha just one more kiss before she rushed in to the pile of assorted Pumpkin related objects. If it wasn't the gift, she'd place it by the door. But Boscha was a little son of a birch, because there were gifts with her name on it. When she saw the first one, she spotted another with it.

She was going to give up, til she saw a pumpkin pie and took a break with Boscha. So after four hours, Willow had half the ballroom clean. "This is exhausting.." Willow mumbled.

"Come sit in my lap Flower, the present isn't alive, it's alright to take a break." Boscha sat, patting her thigh.

Willow glanced at the piles of pumpkin themed objects, then over to Boscha. She walked over, sitting in Boscha's lap, resting her head on the manticore's shoulder. "This is nice.." Willow mumbled.

Boscha rubbed her back, the Pegasus relaxing. "Better?"

"Yeah..But you just being here is nice too.." Willow mumbled.

She sat up slightly, licking Boscha's fur to fix it up a bit. "..I'm sorry for bullying you when we were younger Willow.." Boscha uttered. "Sometimes I know I don't deserve you after what I did to you.."

Willow stayed silent as Boscha continued. "But when you show me genuine love..It makes me want to change myself for the better..And I want to try and make it up to you for those nights I know you couldn't rest easy.."

"..Well.." Willow caressed Boscha's cheek. "You can start by apologizing to those you bullied tommorow.."

Boscha leaned in to Willow's palm, letting out a shaky breath as tears began to stream down her fur. "I really don't deserve you Willow.." Boscha said quietly, her voice shaking.

"You don't now, but.." Willow stood, pulling Boscha up. "You will. You just have to build up to it. Okay?"

Boscha nodded, "Okay.."

To be continued.