Chapter 18

Meanwhile in Sokovia...

A huge abandoned fortress sat on the mountains of Sokovia far out and away from the city, nobody approached this building as it was heavily guarded by Hydra soldiers although nobody knew it was in use

The people of Sokovia just thought it was abandoned but there were rumours that it was haunted due to the screams some would hear if they were to walk by but people rarely went near it as the building always sent a cold creeping sensation tingling down their spines at the sight of it.

This building contrary to what some believe is not abandoned as it's being used by Hydra the evil corrupt organisation hell bent on world domination who have to resort to hiding from the world ever since the end of the 2nd world war after Germany lost and Red skull was defeated by Captain America.

Hydra have been hiding within society for the last few decades since the war ended. The more superior high ranking officials of Hydra set up secret bases in run down and war ridden countries like Sokovia.

In Sokovia two groups of Hydra officials and soldiers set up base but the two bases were kept far apart from one another to avoid suspicion of case and to protect their asessts.

However there was now only one Hydra base remaining in Sokovia after the other was mysteriously destroyed a couple weeks ago. 

The general in charge of the remaining Hydra base was Baron Von Strucker, he was ruthless and cunning just like his father was, his goal was to make weapons out of people. Weapons that Hydra could control and use to rule the world.

Von Strucker was currently having lunch in his office looking out into the open space below watching his soldiers working and making sure they aren't screwing up. His eyes flicked to two cages where two young teenagers were contained, the boy was rocking back and forth on the edge of his bed, gripping his hair while the girl was sat on the floor looking motionless as she stared up at the tv on the wall.

"Strucker?" a man spoke as he appeared in the doorway "you didn't knock" Strucker said without tearing his eyes away from the two teenagers "sorry sir" the man replied before knocking on the door. "You may enter" he said and the man entered removing his hat from his head.

"I've come to give my report sir" the man said "continue" Strucker said waving his hand at him not even glancing at him "the other base is completely destroyed, there's nothing but rubble and ash" the man replied "how was it destroyed?" Strucker asked "a fire broke out and burned the building to the ground. I found no Hydra survivors but there were a lot of charred remains and I found a few Hydra tags" he explained setting down a bunch of dog tails and name pins on the table making Strucker sigh as he took off his eye lense and wiped it with a cloth.

"It's a sad day for Hydra, may our brothers and sisters rest in peace but fear not we shall continue our goal to rule the world" Strucker said popping his eye lense back on as he stood up from his chair with his hands behind his back as he turned to the Hydra soldier.

"Did you find subject 269?" Strucker asked "no there was no sign of subject 269, I looked everywhere near the base. I assume subject 269 perished in the fire" the man replied "I'm not so sure of that. I heard things about subject 269, apparently she was quite the fighter, she resisted our brainwashing technique which I found to be quite fascinating since our brainwashing technique has always proven to be rather effective" Strucker replied looking at him.

"I want you to keep looking for subject 269 as I want her in my custody as I want to conduct more experiments on her. I have a keen interest in her" Strucker said "what for?" the hydra soldier asked "I found something interesting when the twins tests came back" Strucker began to explain as he grabbed a tablet and walked over to him.

"The twins have the same compound in their dna as subject 269 does. This compound in their dna is new and I am trying to study it to learn more about it" Strucker explained showing the soldier the results and findings on the tablet.

"I did a little research after I got the results and look at what I found" Strucker said swiping left on the tablet and pulling up an old news article. "A bomb fell on a block of apartments, killed all residents except four. It took construction workers two days to remove the rubble and under a mountain of rubble, hiding under a bed was four children who were very alive" Strucker explained zooming in on the picture of the four children that was present on the article.

The picture was of three kids ranging from 10-9 years old and a baby covered head to toe in soot and dirt, they were huddled together gripping onto each other looking absolutely terrified.

"These kids survived that bombing and I want to know why" Strucker said "I don't see what those kids have to do with the twins and subject 269" the hydra soldier said "the twins and subject 269 are the kids from this article, they're siblings" Strucker revealed making the man nod in understanding.

"It explains why the twins were so eager to volunteer to us, they were looking for their sister who went missing a few years back. What a shame they just didn't volunteer to the right base or they could've found their sister" Strucker said with mock sympathy as a sadistic grin appeared on his face as he looked back at the twins who were now stood up at the glass, glaring at him.

"They didn't hear did they?" the hydra soldier asked "I hope not" Strucker replied with an evil chuckle as he waved to which the boy gave him a death stare and flipped him the middle finger while the girl just narrowed her eyes at him as they momentarily flashed red.

Strucker turned away and looked at the Hydra soldier "find subject 269, do not disappoint me" he ordered "yes sir" the soldier replied "now leave" Strucker said gesturing his head in the direction of the door so the hydra soldier turned and left.

Strucker grinned as he turned back to look out the open glass window and the boy turned around and pulled his pants down, mooning him and every Hydra soldier that walked on by "children" he uttered as the girl shook her head at her brothers antics.

End of chapter

What did you think? You got a glimpse of what's going on down in Sokovia. Captain America got a mention. Strucker made an appearance and is looking for subject 269 who I think you all know who that is. What will happen next?

Vote and comment