Chapter 20

The lullaby Wanda sings in the video above is what Davina sings in this chapter but to her brother

Davina's pov

I was heading downstairs with Arlo as we were called down for dinner which all the Mikaelson's except for Finn are going to be present for. I'm a little nervous about Klaus though Arlo hasn't come across him yet and from what I've already seen and gathered Klaus isn't exactly the nicest and he can lash out at any given moment.

"Welcome our guests" Elijah says as we enter the dining room, Arlo grips my hand "please introduce us" Klaus says they're all stood around the table "this is my brother Arlo, he's 8 and he's a little shy around new people so please be kind" I say "of course, please sit" Elijah replies gesturing for us to sit.

We approach the table and I pull a chair out for me and Arlo and we sit down as do the Mikaelson's. Kol sits himself next to me and flashes me a smile making me smile back at him "where was your brother before he came here? How come he didn't come here when you did?" Klaus questions making me stiffen.

"That is none of your business" I respond with a small glare "let's not make Davina and Arlo feel uncomfortable" Kol speaks up, I smile slightly as I feel him place a hand on my knee under the table so I place my hand over his and he turns his hand around, curling his fingers around mine so our fingers are laced together.

"Let's eat" Elijah says as waiters randomly walk in and place plates down with a silver top. Once everything is placed down, they remove the tops revealing the food which looks and smells good. Mine is the same as the Mikaelson's which is a steak dinner where as Arlo's is pizza.

Arlo looks at me "sta je to?" he asks pointing at it as he's never had pizza before "it's pizza, it's good try it" I respond making him nod and he picks up his knife and fork and cuts into the pizza.

"He's never had pizza before" I explain "how come?" Klaus asks "he just hasn't" I respond feeling Kol squeeze my hand that he's still holding which is rather sweet. 

Arlo stabs his fork into a small piece and pops it in his mouth, his face lights up and he hums rubbing his stomach as he gives me a thumbs up making me giggle.

The rest of us start digging into our meals after that "so Davina I know you might be a bit uneasy about you and your brother staying here but rest assure you will be fine" Elijah says "I know I'll be fine, I'm just more concerned about my brother as he is a sensitive kid" I respond glancing at my brother to find him happily eating his pizza.

"We understand and we will make sure you both feel comfortable here during your stay" Elijah assures me "great" I respond "so will Arlo be going to school?" Rebekah asks "he will eventually. Liz says she's arranging something but I'll have the last decision since he's my brother and I want him to go to a school that's best for him" I respond "there is only one elementary school here" Klaus points out "okay well I hope it's a good school" I respond as I take a sip of my drink.

-----

Later that evening....

7 pm

Arlo is going to bed since he's tired and this is usually the time he goes to bed so I'm taking him up to the guest room the Mikaelson's have provided him with.

He has already brushed his teeth and he's gotten changed into his pyjamas so he's getting straight into bed and I'm going to tuck him in. 

"Can you sing me mama's song?" he asks as he climbs into bed and I pull the covers over him. I pause at his request "sure" I respond I know the song by heart but it's been a long while since I've heard it let alone sung it. My mother used to sing this lullaby to me and my siblings and when she died along with my father. Me and Wanda took to singing it to Arlo when he was a baby as we wanted to keep our mother's lullaby in the family as a way to keep her memory alive.