Chapter 41

Two days later...

Davina's pov

Me and Kol are preparing to head home today but we aren't leaving until a bit later as there's no need for us to rush home. Right now, I'm outside sunbathing and talking to my brother on the phone "wow, that sounds awesome. I'm glad you're having a good time with Hayley and Rebekah" I say with a smile after hearing Arlo explain what he's been doing while I've been away.

"Hayley let me feel her stomach and her baby kicked! It was weird but cool!" he exclaims making me giggle "I like Hayley, she's nice" he adds making me smile "well that's good. Do you like the others?" I ask sitting up "Rebekah's funny, I saw her toss this guy across a room" he explains making me raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, what happened there?" I ask curiously "he upset her, I think" he replies making me nod "I see and Elijah and Klaus, are you doing okay with them?" I ask "Elijah helped me with my English homework yesterday" he replies "well what was nice of him. Did you thank him?" I ask and I can practically feel him nodding "yes, I did" he replies making me smile.

"And Klaus?" I ask I was mostly nervous about leaving Arlo because of Klaus as he's rather difficult and not a people, person so I was worried about leaving Arlo with him but he's not alone as the others are there and I know they will take care of him.

"He's very grumpy, he reminds me of the grinch" he says and I suddenly hear Kol burst out laughing inside making a smile tug at my lips. "Oh really?" I ask "yes and I don't lie" he says making me smile "I know you don't, Arlo" I respond "they fight a lot" he says suddenly making me frown "who does?" I ask "Klaus and Rebekah, they yell a lot at each other" he explains me making "well sometimes siblings do that" I explain "we don't" he retorts making me smile. "Correct, we don't. Listen, I've got to go but I will see you later when I get back, okay?" I say "okay, see you soon" he replies before I hang up the phone and turn just as Kol walks out holding out two fancy pina colada cocktails and hands me one.

I gently sip at the straw "hmm, it's good" I respond before taking another sip "I am one for making good cocktails" he remarks as he sits down on the deck chair opposite me. "So I take it everything's fine back at home?" he asks as he stirs his straw around "yes, everything's fine though Arlo said Klaus and Rebekah have been fighting a lot" I explain making him smile "there's always some sort of fighting going on in my family. I guess my brother did something to piss our sister off or Rebekah did something to piss him off, it's one or other with those two" he states "I'm sorry they were arguing with your brother around" he says shaking his head.

"Kol, it's okay you can't control what goes on while you're not there" I say making him sigh "I know but my siblings should know better than to argue when there's a kid around especially one that's endured a lot of trauma" he retorts shaking his head. "I appreciate the efforts you're going to make us feel secure at your home, especially Arlo" I say making him smile "well I just want you both to feel safe. As your boyfriend, I want you and your loved ones to feel safe" he states as I get up and move over to him, sitting down on his lap making him wrap an arm around my waist.

I plant a kiss on his cheek making him smile "I've really enjoyed this little getaway of ours" I say setting my drink down before wrapping my arms around his neck. "As have I, darling. I should've took you away a long time ago, if I knew how much fun and peace we could endure and experience" he states rubbing my thigh making me smile.

"We don't have to go away in order to have fun or feel peace, it might sound difficult with the world we live in but it's not, we can have fun and find moments of peace in the little things we do, like taking a walk or looking up at the stars at home or simply being with family and those you love. Peace is always within our grasps and we don't even know it half the time" I say and he smiles.