Chapter 21

Hey everyone sorry it's been a while since I've updated but I'm trying to get back it and haven't abandoned it.

The next day...

Davina's pov

I wake up to see Arlo stood by my bed "hey how long have you been awake?" I ask making him shrug "I don't know" he replied before his stomach suddenly growls making me smile "are you hungry?" I ask and he nods "let me get dressed and then we'll head down and I'll see what I can put together for you" I respond making him nod as I get out of bed.

I walk over to my duffel bag which I haven't unpacked yet and I unzip the bag and get some clothes and I grab a pair of boots that were next to the bag "okay Arlo stay here" I say turning to my brother before exiting the room, closing the door behind me and heading to the bathroom.

...

10 minutes later...

I walk out the bathroom fully dressed after doing my morning hygiene routine and getting dressed. Today I am wearing a black faux leather jacket over a loose maroon top with black ripped skinny jeans and black combat boots.

Davina's outfit

I head back to my room and find my brother sat on the bed waiting "okay, I'm ready let's head down" I say since he was already dressed

I head back to my room and find my brother sat on the bed waiting "okay, I'm ready let's head down" I say since he was already dressed. He nods and gets off the bed and follows me downstairs where I hear movement and chattering coming from the living room and kitchen.

I enter the kitchen with Arlo behind me and see Kol and Rebekah talking as Kol stands at the hob cooking. They both turn to us "good morning darling" he says before nodding his head at Arlo "good morning buddy" he says and Arlo says nothing, he's still a little shy around them as he doesn't know them very well.

"Why don't I take Arlo into the living room?" Rebekah suggests making me look at Arlo "it's okay, go with her I'll be right here" I assure him making him as he hesitantly takes Rebekah's hand as she offers it to him and they leave the kitchen.

"So what smells good?" I ask walking over to the island counter "cinnamon buns, I made them fresh this morning. I also made fresh orange juice in case you or your brother wanted some" he explains looking at me "that's nice of you although you didn't need to make us anything" I say but he shrugs "I wanted too besides I like cooking and I like making my guests feel comfortable especially pretty guests" he replies as he winks at me making me blush.

"Do you often get many guests?" I ask walking towards him "not really, mostly because they end up dead but don't worry you and Arlo are safe" he says making me nod as I fold my arms across my chest. "So what are your plans for today?" he asks "I have to take Arlo out to look at the elementary school here, Liz says it's important I do which I understand and I agree it is important, I want him to have an education you know but he needs to settle first before he goes off to school" I explain making him nod.