Chapter 35

Davina's pov

I arrive back and walk in "I'm back" I announce as I shut the door behind me before I hear a whoosh before Kol appears before me. He greets me with a kiss which I graciously return before pulling away and hugging him.

"You alright darling? You seem tense," he states with furrowed eyebrows "I just received somewhat good news but it's also alarming and concerning at the same time" I explain making him frown. "What is it?" he questions "I'll explain later" I say noticing my brother peering his head round the corner.

Kol nods "okay" he replies giving me a kiss on the forehead before pulling away as Arlo slowly makes his way over. "Hey Arlo, you ready for the movie's?" I ask with a smile "yes" he replies nodding his head "okay, let's get your coat and shoes on as it's a little chilly outside" I say and he runs off to get his coat and shoes.

He returns a few short seconds later with his shoes on and he's pulling his coat on "I'm ready" he states as he zips up his coat making me smile "alright, let's go" I say grabbing his hand and we leave the house. Kol is by the car waiting as he's giving us a lift so we don't have to walk to the movie theatre.

He opens the car doors for us "thank you" I say with a smile and giving him a kiss on the cheek making him smile "you're very welcome, darling" he replies shutting the doors after us after we get in the car.

He walks round the car and gets in the drivers seat "so what are you two going to see?" he asks as he starts up the car and starts driving away from the house "some alien cartoon movie" I explain making him nod his head "they have superpowers" Arlo pipes up with excitement spread across his face. "That's so cool" Kol replies "super cool" Arlo responds nodding his head making me smile.

////

Kol pulls up at the movie theatre "text me when the movie's over" he says turning to me "okay" I respond giving him a kiss before getting out the car with Arlo and we head into the movie theatre as Kol drives away.

We quickly get our tickets along with popcorn, a pack of M&M's and two drinks for each of us before heading into the theatre and we find our seats. I hand the popcorn to Arlo after we sit down and he starts eating the popcorn as the adverts begin to show.

/////

1 hour and a half later...

We exit the movie theatre with Arlo excitedly stating what he liked about the movie "he was so funny and silly" he says about a character in the movie "he was very silly" I respond "I didn't like the bad guy. He was mean" he states shaking his head "bad guys are always mean, Arlo" I respond "but you have to admit he was kind of goofy" I add making him smile "yeah, he was" he agrees before I see Kol pulling up.

We make our way to the car as he winds his window down "taxi!" he calls making me giggle "well, you're a very cute taxi driver" I tease with a smile and he winks at me as I walk round the car with Arlo. I open the back seat door for Arlo and he climbs in and I shut the door after him. I get in the car and buckle myself "you both buckled in?" Kol asks looking back at Arlo "yes" Arlo answers giving him a thumbs up.

Kol starts driving "so did you enjoy the movie?" he asks "yes, it was fun. There was a very silly character and a very mean bad guy but they had awesome powers!" Arlo exclaims making me smile softly "wow, sounds cool" Kol replies as he places his hand on my knee.

////

We arrive back at the house and Arlo runs inside to find Hayley who he seems to have developed a liking too which is good as he's starting to trust other people besides me.

Me and Kol enter the house and pass the living room where Arlo is telling Hayley all about the movie we just seen and Hayley just sits there with a smile on her face and engaging with him. Kol takes my hand and leads me upstairs.