Chapter 38

Davina's pov

I make my way down the stairs, pulling my suitcase along when Kol runs up and grabs it "I'll take that" he says before planting a quick kiss on my cheek making me blush as he heads back down and out the door.

Me and Kol are heading off on a little getaway trip, I don't know where we're going as Kol refuses to tell me, stating it's a surprise but I'm not one for surprises all that much however I'll make an exception since it's Kol who has planned this and I trust him.

I reach the front door when Arlo comes running towards me and hugs me "hey little bro" I state unwrapping his arms from around my waist as I turn around and kneel in front of him. "I'm leaving now and Hayley and Rebekah are going to look after you so be good for them and if you have any troubles at all, tell them or you can call me. You know I'll always answer" I explain making him nod.

"How long will you be gone?" he asks pushing some hair out of his eye making me smile. He's gotten better with his English though his accent is obviously still present just like mine is. "Just a few days, I'll be back before you know it" I state before giving him a hug "also Rebekah's taking you for a hair cut later" I say as I pull away. "I don't want a hair cut" he complains making me smile "you might not but your hair keeps getting in your eyes which means you need a little trim, okay" I state making him sigh and nod "okay, can Rebekah take me for pizza after?" he asks looking hopeful.

"If you do well at the barbers and if it's okay with Rebekah then yes you may have pizza afterwards" I state making him smile and hug my waist as I stand back up "you're the best sister ever" he exclaims making me smile before he runs off.

Rebekah emerges "you heard didn't you?" I ask making her nod "of course" she replies "I hope that's okay with you" I say and she smiles "of course, it's okay. I already offered to take him to get his hair cut and I don't mind taking him for pizza. He's a sweet kid" she comments making me nod "thank you. Well, I better go. Kol's waiting outside, if there are any problems...." I start but she cuts me off as she walks over and places her hands on my shoulders "Davina, everything will be fine. Now go and have a good time, you deserve it" she states giving me a hug making me smile "thank you" I say "anytime" she replies before pulling away and giving me a little shove out the door.

I turn away as she shuts the door and Kol approaches me "ready to go?" he asks "take me away, already" I respond making him chuckle as he wraps his arm around my waist and bends down to kiss me making me smile as his lips touch mine. He pulls back with a smile and takes my hand before leading me to the car.

We get in the car and strap ourselves in before Kol starts it up and reverses before driving away.

.

.

1 hour later....

I frown as Kol stops at the airport "why are we at an airport?" I ask turning to him "because we have a flight to catch" he replies as he unbuckles his seat belt "I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I can't fly, Kol. I could get caught, I'm supposed to stay in the country" I say only for him to kiss me making me pause and close my eyes as I return the kiss.

Kol pulls back with a smile "relax, you worry too much. We are flying private and I have the power of compulsion to get us through security, I have a fake passport for you and we're only going away for a few days, no harm done. Trust me, I have thought about everything and I have taken precautions" he assures me making me calm down a bit.

"I'm just scared of being found" I say making him sigh as he gently places a hand against my cheek making me lean into it "you won't be and if you are, I won't let anything happen to you" he promises before kissing me again making me smile.