Chapter 36

Davina's pov

I was at Lorna's comic coffee shop doing a shift, yes I ended up taking a job here and today is actually my first day. Kol walked with me to the shop and kissed me goodbye at the door before leaving which was sweet of him although I did tell him he didn't need to walk with me but he insisted, I think he's wary of letting me out of his sight after I told him my story yesterday and how I'm in hiding from Hydra.

"Hey, Davina could you unpack these comic books?" Lorna asks as she emerges from the back room with a box "sure, where do you want them?" I ask as I move out from behind the counter "over at the old comic book section. I'm having new and old comic books separate so people can find them easier. Also make sure the comic books go in alphabetical order" she explains making me nod.

I walk over and pick up the box before heading over to the location of old comic book. I set the box down on the floor and open it up and start unpacking the comic books and placing them on the shelf in alphabetical order.

20 minutes later...

I've finished unpacking and putting out the comic books and return to the counter as a guy with fiery red hair walks in. "Nice hair" I comment with a nod of approval and he looks at me and smiles "thanks" he replies before turning to a book shelf.

Lorna walks out from the back room "cool hair, dude" she comments looking at the guy and he just smiles and nods at her. She turns to me "the comic books are out on display in alphabetical order" I say making her nod "awesome" she replies before starting to make a coffee.

The red haired guy walks over with a comic book and I quickly serve him "have a nice day" I say with a wave as he walks away and leaves the shop.

"Are you okay?" Lorna asks suddenly taking me back "yeah, why?" I ask making her shrug as she turns to me "I just feel like something's off. Is everything okay at home?" she asks looking concerned "yeah, everything's absolutely fine. I just didn't sleep well last night" I respond making her nod.

"Okay but you know if you ever need to talk about something or anything at all, you can talk to me. I know you haven't known me long but I can be of help and be a good listener if you need it" she explains making me smile "thank you, I appreciate it" I respond making her smile and nod.

"Anyway, I saw your boyfriend dropping you off earlier" she states with a teasing smile "yeah, I tried to make him stay back but he insisted on walking me" I explain "nothing wrong with that. Does he make you happy?" she asks as she sets the freshly made coffee down on a saucer.

"Yeah, he does. He's my first boyfriend and my first relationship" I say making her smile "first love, how sweet" she comments making me frown "is there supposed to be another love?" I ask curiously "not always. Some people only have a first love, like the first person they date or fall in love with is the only person they end up being with while some have more than one love. I had a first love but it wasn't meant to be" she explains making me purse my lips together as I lean against the counter.

"How did you know you weren't meant to be?" I ask curiously "I knew when I met my current boyfriend. I loved my first boyfriend and I was gutted the relationship ended, I thought my life was over being the dramatic girl I am but then I met Marcos and everything just made sense. My first love was never meant to last, it wasn't supposed to be forever because I had Marcos waiting for me" she explains making me smile.

"How'd you and Marcos meet?" I ask making her sigh "it's a really long and complicated story but the basis is this, he got me out of trouble and got me out of a really tough situation" she replies making nod "I have bipolar and I don't always have the best control of it then again who does have good control of their mental illness? I've had big mood swings in the past and they've gotten me into trouble, prison, mental hospitals you name it" she explains making me frown.