Chapter 32

Mystic falls...

Davina's pov

I made my way into town with Arlo, we're heading to the little comic book store that's recently opened up here. I thought it would be fun to do as Arlo has become a quick fan of superhero movies after watching Batman cartoons on the tv.

We reach the comic book store and head inside, seeing there are shelves all around the store, stocked with comic books. There's also a little coffee shop and a seating area where you can drink coffee and read a book from the little library corner next to it.

"Okay Arlo, go check out the comics. I'm gonna get myself a coffee" I say making him nod as he runs off towards the comics.

I head over to the counter to order and I tap the bell on the side to alert someone. I wait for about 2 minutes before someone finally comes and I see it's the green haired girl, I bumped into during mine and Kol's date. I look to her name tag which says 'Britney' but for some reason I don't think that's her real name.

She has a baby strapped to her chest in a grey sling "sorry, I had a lot of stuff to unload in the back. I never leave customers waiting. Oh hi, I remember you" she says as she looks up and sees me.

"Yeah, I bumped into you one time" I say making her nod "yeah, you were on a date right?" she asks making me nod "yeah, I was" I respond "how did it go?" she asks with a little wriggle of her eyebrows in a playful manner making me smile slightly.

"It went well" I respond "now who's this little cutie?" I ask motioning to the baby and she smiles "my daughter Dawn. I sometimes like to bring her to work with me" she explains making me smile "she's adorable" I respond making her smile. "Thank you. Now what can I get for you?" she asks "just a vanilla latte please" I respond making her nod "okay, that will be $2.50" she says typing in the till before looking at me.

I hand her $5 and she quickly gets my change and gives it to me "take a seat and I'll bring your latte to you" she says "it's okay, I can wait. I don't want you to have to come to me with a hot drink especially with a baby strapped to your chest" I say making her shake her head.

"Oh it's fine, I just put her in her bassinet" she states motioning her head towards the back where the door is open and I see a bassinet in the room just by the door. "Is your boss really okay with you bringing your daughter to work?" I ask making her smile. "Girl, I am the boss. I own this joint" she replies taking me by surprise.

"You own this?" I ask making her nod "yeah I'm sort of a geek for comic books and coffee and I know I'm not the only one so I thought. Hey why not open a comic book store/coffee shop?" she explains making me a laugh.

"Well I also laugh coffee. Can't get enough of the stuff" I say making her grin "it's the best, I can't start my day without a cup of coffee otherwise I can't function or tolerate the world" she states making me smile "same here" I respond making her nod.

"I'll go put this one down and then I'll get started on that latte for you" she says before handing me a small card "it's a loyalty card. You get your sixth coffee free" she explains "great, I will be using that" I say putting in my purse before heading over to the little seating area with shelves of comic books.

2 minutes later she walks over and sets my latte down "here you go" she says "thank you, it looks great" I say pointing to the little art on top of the latte making her smile. "You're welcome. Now can I get you anything else?" she asks "yeah, what book do you suggest I read? I've never read a comic book before and I don't know where to start" I say making her smile.

"We have Wonder woman, she's awesome and a total inspiration to girls and women" she comments as she pulls out a book from the shelf. "I'll give it a read" I say as I take it from her "so who's the kid?" she asks gesturing to Arlo who is sat reading a comic book.