Chapter 23

The next day....

Davina's pov

I'm currently getting ready for my date with Kol with a little help from Rebekah since I've never actually been on a date before. Yeah sure I have gone on outings with Kol before but they were just friendly outings, we were just two people hanging out and having fun.

Rebekah is currently curling my hair "are you sure you're okay with minding my brother tonight?" I ask "of course, you go have a fun time with my brother but not too much fun, I don't want to smell sex on my brother. I already smell it enough coming off Nik, the least thing I need is another brother coming home smelling of sex" she says making my eyes widen slightly.

"I don't think that will happen anyway" I say making her frown as she looks at me through the mirror as she's stood behind me while I'm sat at her vanity desk where she's doing my hair. "Why do you think that? You're an attractive girl love and you obviously find my brother attractive and you know when attraction is there, sex is likely to happen especially when the mood is right" she says sending me a wink making me blush.

"I've never had sex before" I say and her eyes widen "shut up" she says making me frown "sorry" I say and she shakes her head "I don't mean it literally love. You seriously haven't had sex before?" she asks turning me to face her and looking bewildered at the fact I haven't had sex.

"No, why is it a problem that I haven't?" I ask "well not really, it's just it's kind of the norm for a girl your age to have had sex by now but it's okay if you haven't although I am shocked as you are stunning and you have a lovely body if I must say so myself" she says making me blush "thanks, I haven't had sex because well it's complicated" I say making her frown and fold her arms across her chest.

"How is it complicated? Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, boy and girl have sex it's not that complicated love" she says "well for me it is you see I never had the opportunity to have sex. Where I'm from, things are tough and certain people get created differently, they get locked up just for being born different to everyone else and they are treated like they are monsters when they are not, they are simply like everyone else trying to live and survive in this world" I say and she frowns at my words.

"That sounds rough and horrible but it's different here, you're free to do what you want and you're safe also it doesn't have to be complicated anymore. If you feel it's right to have sex then you do it but only on your own terms of course" she says before turning me around so she can finish doing my hair.

"I mean me and your brother kind of were close to doing it at the party but Caroline interrupted us and pulled me away to lecture me about making out with bad guys" I say and she rolls her eyes "that's just typical of her. Cockblocking other peoples fun" she comments making me giggle "so would you have gone through with it?" she asks making me shrug "I honestly don't know, maybe but I guess I will never know thanks to Caroline" I respond "well nothing will stop you now" she says as she finishes my hair and sprays some hairspray onto my hair "there we go, you look perfect. Now go put your dress on" she says pulling me up and pushing me towards her bathroom.

5 minutes later...

"Davina what's taking you so long?" Rebekah asks as I'm still in the bathroom "I don't think this dress suits me" I say looking down at myself "what are you talking about? Of course the dress suits you, we wouldn't have bought it otherwise now come out so I can see you" she says making me sigh and take a deep breath before opening the door and walking out.

Her mouth drops open "I look terrible don't I? Oh I knew this dress was a bad idea" I ramble turning to head back into the bathroom before Rebekah grabs my hand and pulls me back "no, no it's not bad at all. You look amazing Davina" she says making me smile sheepishly.