3.

I heave another breath as I toter down the overly large marble staircase, the sounds of chatter and laughter reverberating around the large open space in front of the front doors. My heart is pounding loudly in my ears and my breathing is uneven as my parents come into view. My heart skips a beat from nerves as their attention suddenly lands on my meek presence, I send a little forced smile to them trying really hard to keep it together as I lick my lips forgetting about my lipstick, but I am reminded at the subtle narrowing of my mums eyes. I nervously tuck some hair behind my ear as I come to a stop beside Silver not even noticing the people in the room as my vision seemed to have been clouded over by nerves and the pressure of not tripping in these heels in front of all these eyes.

My dad jubilently rests a hand on my shoulder and gives me a reassuring subtle squeeze probably being able to spot my nerves, before he addresses the guests.

"And this, is Clover. Clover, meet Anne," A very pretty women who looks younger than her age comes striding forward and tugs me into a hug, it is so unexpected a little yelp escapes my mouth before calming myself down and trying my best to return the warm gesture. I Awkwardly pat her back as she leans back, a bright smile adorning her face.

"Oh, aren't you just a beauty!" she gushes, the happiness and excitement pracically dripping from her voice. My cheeks burn as I give her a small embrassed smile tucking my hair behind my ear. She steers me forward with a arm around my shoulders taking over the introductory job which once belonged to my Dad, she smiles up at a man which I assume is her husband and. . his. . dad.

"This is my husband Robin, and my daughter Gemma," Robin smiles brightly as we shake hands, me not knowing what else to do.

"I-It's nice to meet you," I murmer timidly, he pats my head chuckling and returning the polite words before my dad and him begin to engage in a animated concersation. Gemma who is obviously. .his. .sister smiles at me as we exchange a warm hug. She is bloody stunning, she has big brown eyes which are coated with eyeliner and mascara and her dyed hair is weaved back in a crown braid, and along with the genuine smile she's currently wearing, she makes me feel like a potato, a rotten one at that.

"Hi, Clover, I have so much shit to tell you, jesus!" She excitedly whispers in my ear, I laugh, surprised at how she's warmed up to me that fast. I like her. I decide, well, so far I like all of them, but still, doesn't mean I want to marry their freaking son! Anne then tugs me away from Gemma to who I suppose is harry.

"And this, is harry. Harry meet Clover." My heart flipped with nerves as Anne introduced us. I peeked up at him through my lashes, my blue eyes meeting his dull green eyes. God, I nearly stumbled back at his shocking good looks, his jaw--which was clenched-- looked sharp as a freaking right angle and his curly hair was styled back messily. His red lips were moist and I could see he was quite toned underneath the black button up and, tight-very tight, jeans. I expelled a breath as I shakily stuck my hand out.

"I-it's nice. .nice to meet y-you," my voice immediately gave away how nervous I was and I could see everyone slowly beginning to head inside, letting me & harry introduce ourselves.

He looked at me emotionlessly, his cold stare giving me chills.

"You too." he muttered coldly after a while of silence, brushing past me and ignoring my hand. My mouth is open like a fish as I find it difficult to comprehend how rude he was and it was totally uncalled for too. What the hell? What did I do, I was just being nice, there was no need for him to react like a little distressed bitch, what, does he think I'm so desperate to marry him? Well news flash mister, I don't want this either!

I heave a breath, internally wounded at the blatant ignorance of my hand. I turn around, my nerves gone but replaced with irritation, I'm trying so hard to keep it together when I don't want to go through with this marriage, and the least he could do is try to make it easier. But no. I'm fuming but Gemma, who I forgot was still here, pokes my side snapping my attention from the holes I was burning in her brothers toned back.

"Don't mind him, we just pulled him away from a tight schedule." she said smiling warmly at me as we also begun to head inside.

"Oh. .well, I guess that's understandable." I suppose if someone dragged me away from somewhere I wouldn't exactly be over the moon either, so with that thought I brush off his cold gesture and nervously head inside. This should be interesting.

The adults were seated at one end of the large table and we were all seated at another end, Silver sat next to Harry, and me, sitting next to a vivid Gemma, normally, I'm sure I would've been sat next to harry but with one little look Silver caught on and basically 'stole' my seat, my mom had glared at us both for about 10 minutes straight after that stunt, which Silver found hilarious.

"So, where do you live?" I asked Gemma lowly deciding I might as get get someone on my side and Gemma seemed harmless. Unlike her angry looking brother.

"Oh, only about half an hour away, and harry lives in this fucking massive place a few streets away from us," she informed casually as she nibbled on the chocolate cake slice we had been given for dessert, the cooks had done an amazing job as per usual.

"Wait. .harry doesn't live with you?" I asked shocked, I thought he lived with them, I mean who does he live with? By himself, why the heck would he want to do that.

"Oh no, he moved away when he was 17. ." she whispered back, my eyes widened at the news. I tried to imagine a younger harry with maybe a not so angry expression and curlier hair dragging a heavy suitcase away and looking for a house all alone. It was a sad picture my mind had painted and I cast a sad look at the man sat opposite me. Why would someone move away at such a young age?

"Why did he move? That's way to young right?" She sighed sadly, her facial expression said it all, she was clearly quite upset about this turn out.

"Shit happens, and well he just left, we haven't spoken to him in years," my mouth opened in shock, what the hell? How could he bare to live alone but also stop speaking to his family at the young age of 17, he must be a really fucking tough cookie to withstand that. I would've gone insane.

"Will you Shut. Up." I heard a rough voice say from opposite me, his voice was dripping with power and control and there was a irritated crease between his brown brows. He had his jaw clenched and his fist was clenched around his knife. My heart relaxed a bit when I realised he wasn't talking to me or Gemma and about what we had just been discussing but to Silver. I watched nervously as she smirked at him, she straightened up slightly sending me subtle side smirk.

"Ah! He speaks, I thought you might've been mute for a minute," she said as if she had just made the worlds biggest revelation. He glared at her heatedly before he turned forward and began to eat his chocolate cake slice quietly. He ignored Silver for the rest of the night and all her feeble attempts to try and get a rise out of him, and that was the last I heard of his voice for the rest of the night. I remained quiet as well while Gemma and Silver had seemed to hit it off quite well and so had my parents and his parents, I knew what the decision was going to be as Anne kept throwing me bright smiles and looking at us with heart eyes and chatting animatedly with my mum. Everyone was too busy to see that me and him hadn't even spoken a word to each other, yet they expected us to get married and live a happy life in the matter of days and a breeze of words.

This wasn't going to turn into a loving marriage, because he didn't seem like a loving man, if a man can walk away from his family with no more connections at the age of 17, then that clearly shows he has no issues breaking attachments and hearts. And that he doesn't need anyone, if he can live without his mum, dad and sister then he can live without a wife, whereas me, I'm in love with the idea of love but unfortunately I won't be receiving or giving that anytime soon by the looks of it.

Note: Hii guys! Hopefully it'll speed up soon omg can't wait till they get married I have so many things planned holy shit people stay with me ok!

Comment below please :) x