55

Sorry for the wait lads

Jace's POV:

A few months earlier

"Have you heard? Clover's getting married. I feel a bit bad for her though, she doesn't seem like she wants to marry him." I tell me dad as we sit at the kitchen table over breakfast.

"Ah, well, that family of hers does tend to pass down wonky traditions. I'm not all too surprised that it's arranged. Poor girl." He responds to me from over the newspaper.

"Yeah, well he seems kind of rude too, his name is. . . Henry? Yeah, i'm pretty sure that's it."

"Well, best of luck to her." He clears his throat and leaves the room.

Weird.

I've noticed over the past how my dad never feels comfortable talking about Silver or Clover. He was never really approving of my relationship either and didn't like talking about it, or them. It always bothered me, but maybe it's just my paranoia and he just doesn't care too much about it.

I'm probably over analyzing this. Going out might clear my head.
———
My dad lingered outside today in the car a few blocks down so that he didn't have to pick me up again later. I wonder what he's been doing the whole time since i've been here for a few hours.

"2 weeks!" Clover shouted
exasperatedly to her little audience of 3 as we sat on the bright green grass in front of us while she paced around like a madwoman shouting obscenities at whatever and whoever.

It was a lovely day today and me, Clover, Silver and Casey had decided to spend our time on the large stretch of garden in Silver's backyard and sat aimlessly under a tree, we were enjoying the lovely weather and basking in the warm glow from the sun, but Clover was doing anything but that as she overthought her fast approaching wedding.

She filled us all in about the wedding day being on the 14th of July, exactly two weeks away which was the target point of her whining fit.

I shook my head in disappointment. "It's not long enough to mentally prepare yourself for such a huge step," I commented with sympathy to which Clover nodded her head grumpily and plopped down beside us. Silver slapped my forehead in response causing me to yelp and send a glare at her. 

"Since when did you become so philosophical?" She enquired while staring at me as if I'd  grown another head, and I whined rubbing my forehead. 

"Silver, that wasn't even that philosophical, leave the poor guy alone." Clover chuckled, laying on her back and staring mindlessly at the never ending blueness of the sky. 

"Yeah, leave poor Jace alone." I pouted. My beautiful girlfriend pecked me on the lips which I took charge and turned into a full on make out.

Casey shoved Silver which caused me to be shoved as well in disgust due to the display of affection. "Get a room! You have plenty in your house," she scoffed in disgust.

Sil just snorted at her. "You can hardly talk, you and Zayn are at it like rabbits."

Casey scoffed, protesting against the allegation that her and Zayn are constantly getting it on even though it was damn true. It was kind of confusing at times.  "She's right, for once." I muttered earning myself another slap around the head from my lover.

I sighed heavily and dramatically.  "Abusive relationships are so difficult. . " I muttered quietly while playing with blades of grass, my friends all laughed at my little act while Silver just fondly rolled her eyes at me.