47.

My entire body felt numb as I opened my eyes the tiniest bit to be met with darkness.

Where was I?

What happened?

Something creaked open and I saw light flood into the room for a second before the opening was closed again. I peeled my eyes open wider and the moment I opened them I wished I hadn't as I stared at the person leaning over my bed peering down at me.

It was him. My father.

I felt my heart violently lurch in my chest as we stared at each other. The steady beeping beside my head increased in frequency and volume  and I saw alarm flash on his aged face for a second as the threat of being found increased. He glared at me with hatred before he turned on his heel and fled the room. A whimper escaped my lips as I felt tears slide down my cheeks wondering where Harry was.

But before I could get an answer I felt my body shutting down again as the drugs pulled me under and I was again lost in the darkness.

Voices.

I could hear muffled voices from above me somewhere and I felt safe as the familiar tones washed over me with warmth building in my chest. One voice stood out amongst the rest and I recognised it instantly, the husky tone and the deep sound I could pick out in a crowd. Everything felt achy and gross, all my muscles hurt and something on my leg that felt like distant burning and stinging could be felt along with a deep ache. Literally everything hurt. My head was aching and my chest felt like it had a knife lodged inside it which twisted deeper with every painful inhale and exhale.

I knew who was waiting for me on the other side of the darkness and I didn't want him to leave so I tried with all my might to peel my eyes open. I could feel them fluttering and little blares of light kept peeking through, and finally after what felt like all my strength I peeled them open fully. Blinking blearily as my eyes got used to the light I realised the voices were of Harry and Locke.

A small sound escaped my throat when I tried to speak realising how dry it was as I attempted to call out to Harry. He was standing against the edge of my bed talking to Locke, his clothes were creased and his hair looked a total mess.

I watched as his head snapped towards mine so fast I'm surprised I didn't hear a crack. I smiled weakly at him as he rushed forward immediately. His large hands cupped my cheeks as he stroked them gently, his expression soft and tender, yet his eyes were filled with dark fury.

"Hi." I whispered hoarsely, my torn apart throat only allowing so much. His face looked pained as he stared at me with so much adoration it floored me totally. He had never looked at me with so much raw emotion before.

"Hi, princess, how are you feeling, hm?" He asked me gently, his hand cupping my face warmly. I sighed peacefully as I snuggled my face into his hand a little more.

"I'm okay," I mumbled tiredly, blinking up at him slowly, "Want a kiss." I demanded softly and rather boldly, but all the pain medication was making me feel totally unreserved and my near death experience had frightened me into wanting to kiss Harry as much as possible.

He blinked at me for a second before obliging and bending down to kiss me softly, I totally forgot that Locke was here in the room as I kissed Harry. The kiss was so soft and tender, our lips moulding together so sweetly. It was a kiss so full of love and emotion that it shook me. When we parted I smiled at him bashfully but he only forced a small smile back. His eyes were filled with anger and sorrow, clearly this experience had shaken him to his very core also. He looked like he wanted to murder someone.

He pressed a soft kiss to my forehead before moving away from my direct line of sight her still hovered close by to allow Locke to see me. He looked pretty rough as well, his hair was a mess across his head and kinda flat, and he had stubble growing around his firm jaw.