14.

"So, how has Harry been treating you? Have you settled in okay, sweet?" My grans kind voice asked making me grimace at the subject. I didn't really know what to say, I mean, how has Harry been treating me?

Like dog shit. For a lack of better words, pure dog shit, the whole week had passed by of me trying to play nice while he constantly shut down my efforts and continued to spout awful and rude words towards me, I was an optimist. Never really considered myself a realist and I was never particularly pessimistic (that's more like Silver) however, I didn't live in some fairytale where I chose to block reality and pretend the world was all about sweet lollipops and knights in shining armour. I just chose to try and make the best of every situation, and always tried to have faith that somehow everything would be Okay in the end. Somehow the struggle would be worth something beautiful in the end.

But, honestly, my faith and optimism seemed to be slowly being squeezed out of me, kind of like a sponge. Being squeezed and squeezed until the liquid hope that gave me strength on a day to day basis ran out, leaving me dry and empty waiting to soak up more. I didn't want that, I was terrified of my hope and optimism running out because that was all that kept my head above the drowning waters really.

"It. . I mean. It's been. . Interesting, I guess," I muttered not really knowing how to word it. I knew there was no point in lying to my gran because although she's old and out of touch with the modern world, she is amazingly wise and incredibly clever and she'd have any lie I feed her figured out before it even fully left my mouth. A soft laugh filled the line as she tutted quietly.

"Is he giving you a hard time?" She asked gently, not sounding particularly concerned but sounding more like she expected that from him beforehand. I huffed a little hysterical laugh.

"Oh, you have no idea."

Another soft chuckle.
"Oh, sweetheart, but I do. Your grandad wasn't a easy nut to crack, you know. Took me months of hard work." She said fondly of my now late grandad, my lips always turned down at the mention of the sweet old man for their story was nothing short of inspiring and beautiful. However unfortunately cancer doesn't choose its victims based on their personalities and their strings to the world.

A heaving sigh left my lips.
"Gran, I. . I don't know what to do. You've really thrown me into the deep end this time. I'm lost." I strained into the speaker, my nose stinging and throat tightening with the slowly growing lump that was the red alert for possible tears. I bit down on my lip to try and distract myself before I ended up letting tears slip.
I heard her sigh from the other end.

"Look, dear. No one said it was going to be easy, as much as marriage is a blessing it's strenuous work. The both of you are getting used to suddenly sharing ever aspect of your life with another. That's not easy. But, I want you to promise me you're going to try and make it work. Prove to him why you're a good person with a good heart. Work for what you want, Dear."

I gulped a bit at my Grans heavy words, the promise looming over my head as I thought about what she had just said. Work for what I want? What was it that I wanted though?

Well, I wanted respect from Harry that's one thing for sure.

". . I promise."

*

Shorty after getting off the phone with gran, the apartment phone began ringing to which I was forced to answer since Harry was still sleeping in. It was Bee informing me that she wouldn't be able to make it for today because one of her young sons had caused some mischief at school and she needed to sort it, so I kindly told her it didn't matter and that I would do the cleaning and cooking for today. It wasn't a big deal, and plus I think it's a good start to the promise I made to Gran. Hopefully, Harry will see it as a hand reaching out for mutual respect and friendship.

So with my optimistic thoughts in mind I began making him breakfast, I had already eaten some cereal however I wanted to give him a nice breakfast in the morning, especially after the rough night he had. My hopes were high that he would realise that I'm not out to get him, and he can trust me.

I wasn't entirely sure what he liked but I made two eggs, bacon and some toast. I also made him a steaming cup of tea that would hopefully make him feel better. I mean, if the roles were reversed and he had done this for me, I think I wold hug him!

Just as I'd finished laying everything out Harry stalked into kitchen, tight jeans and a simple white T-shirt adorning his clearly muscly body. His brow was furrowed almost permanently as he looked around for a minute before looking at me. His gaze never failing to intimidate me.

"Where's Bee?" He asked gruffly giving me a once over however ignoring the plate full of food. I flushed slightly feeling incredibly minuscule under his heavy gaze.

"She couldn't come today, something to do with her son. . . But, erm. I-I've made you breakfast," I said, the faux confidence in my voice fading as I got to the last part of my sentence. I flicked my gaze up to meet his through my lashes only to see a clenched jaw and the furrow between his brows deepened.

"I'll pass." He said coldly as he stalked past me to the sink, turning the tap on and filling a glass of water before he downed it. His Adam's apple bobbing as he drank. My mouth parted unable to comprehend what just came out of his mouth. Did he decline? I cant help the pang my chest recieves after his rejection as I especially went out of my way to make him breakfast and his cold denial stings. I guess I was naive in thinking that a plate of food would ease his attitude towards me.

"But. . .I made it for you, I thought after last night you-,"The slamming of the glass on the counter shut me up as he whirled around, his hands pressing into the island top as he glared heatedly at my face. His gaze unwavering while mine sank to the floor in timidity and slight humiliation.

"Cant you ever just keep that pretty little mouth of yours closed? or do I need to do it for you," He snarled, teeth grinding together as his broad shoulders tensed while his gaze rested almost threatinigly on me. My eyes windened in fear as my heart beat increased, scnearious of my Fathers threats and hits flashing before me as tears gathered in my eyes from the iminent fear that I felt.

"N-no," I stuttered leaning away from him slightly as I bit my wobbling lip. I looked and felt so weak. I hated it, I've never wished to be more like Silver until now, if only I was confident and outspoken like her. Her eccentric nature stopping her from over thinking possible risks and hazards allowing her to behave more bravely and freely. If she was here instead of me, I'm pretty sure she'd have slapped Harry by now. However she's not, it's me and I cannot even imagine myself slapping Harry, I wouldn't want to know what he'd do to me if I was to do anything of the sort.

"That's what I thought." He muttered darkly before he stood back to his full height and walked away and out of the front door. My bated breath finally left my lips in a shaky sigh as I rested a hand on my chest as my heart pounded against it. I felt slightly sick with fear as I gulped before shakily standing up and walking around the island, however something on the floor halted my in my spot.
It must have fallen out of Harry's pocket.

I bent down and picked up what seemed to be a small Polaroid picture bringing it closer inspect it. My lips parted at what I saw. It was Harry with his arm wrapped around a very beautiful petite framed girl, well, it looked like Harry but it also looked nothing like the Harry I know now. He had a bright smile lighting up his face with deep indents in his cheeks, his green eyes were sparking with mischief and happiness and, most importantly love. The girl had perfect blonde hair and the clearest blue eyes which were also sparkling with happiness and love. They both looked so happy and in love.

Harry looked younger in that picture as well, with shorter hair which seemed to have more curls. He looked so happy, which was a massive contrast to his persona these days.

I stared at it wondering wether that was the reason Harry hated me. Because he loved someone else, however the Harry in that picture looked so happy. Which is a huge contest to the bitter man he is now.

Slipping the picture into my back pocket I came to the conclusion that something had to have happened to have changed Harry, and I was going to find out what.

Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to earn some respect from Harry along the way?

A/N: Hii! I hope you like it! Who do you think the girl is and what do you think happened? Was this a good chapter? I feel like the end was rushed but it's nearly 2 AM LOL.

Xx love you lots. X