24.

I chewed frantically on my sore lip as I sat in the tense silence that completely enveloped the car and smothered the entire air with nerves-- which came from me, obviously. I had gotten into the car and Harry had reversed and we had left that forsaken place in complete silence. Harry had one hand resting on the gear console and one hand clenched tightly onto the steering wheel as he drove swiftly towards our. . Home? Well, more like a flat really since I couldn't quite describe it as me home yet.

I was so nervous, and that had escalated as I could feel Harry silently fuming yet he hadn't said anything which made my body fill with suspension and trepidation. It was like the deep breath before the plunge, the calm before the storm.

Nope. I couldn't handle more of this torture, he was making me go insane by not saying anything leaving me to guess his thoughts and feelings.

Blowing out a frustrated breath through my lips I clasped my hands together in a forced calm manner and turned to face him.
"Just get on with it, please."

The only reaction I got was a quirk of a brow and a tightening of the jaw as Harry professionally ignored my words and continued to stare ahead at the road, his facial expression not changing from the usual monotone expression that seemed to live on his face. I stared at him incredulously at his silent treatment before I just shook my head to myself and turned away with widened eyes not beleiving how openly he could ignore me and be so damn rude. I could never do that, I mean, I had tried giving Silver the silent treatment plenty of times before but I just couldn't do it, I always found it hard to simply ignore someone whilst their talking at you, I always ended up cracking after barely ten minutes. Another testament to how soft I am I guess, compared to this rock that I've married. Cue the emoji with two streams of tears down its little yellow face. That was me on the inside.

When we finally pulled up at our apartment parking Harry parked the car easily followed by switching the engine off. I preparedto get out when I realised Harry hadn't moved from his seat, he was just absentmindedly rubbing his knuckles staring ahead before his dark gaze turned to meet my slightly frightened one.

"You are so lucky that I didn't fucking leave you there. I told you not to come, but did you listen? No. I know that you've led the oh-so perfect life and probably never heard the word 'No' directed at you, but wake the fuck up." He growled, his eyes alight with fury and malice as he stared at me with mild disgust written in his features. I gulped, trying to soothe my throat from the lump that had suddenly gotten stuck in there and bit my lip staring at my shoes.

"Do you think he's going to take it lightly that he lost the match? No. He's not going to take this lightly, and your presence has made everything worse, he probably thinks you mean something to me, so if you're targeted. Then, tough luck, because I fucking told you not to come, so don't come running to me, princess." He hissed before abruptly exiting the car and slamming the door so hard it made me jump in my spot. My lip quivered at his harsh words and the reality of what he had just said began to sink in.

Targeted?

Me?

A small whimper left my lips as I squeezed my eyes shut in an effort to not let any tears fall as I took a few deep breaths to try and reign in my emotions and the deep ache in my chest from Harry's words that pulsated along with my frantic heartbeat. After a few minutes of deep breaths I glanced around the darkening parking lot nervously before scurrying out of my seat and hopping out of the car and walking quickly towards the entrance with my arms wrapped around my self.

I smiled weakly at the security as I began to walk up the stairwell not wanting to get to the apartment any faster than I needed too, Harry's words ringing in my head like a siren.