21.

I was just preparing to head to bed, wearing my most comfortable clothes feeling pretty damn pleased with myself if I was to be honest for Harry had shown huge improvement towards me. I was ecstatic, as my heart stuttered every time I thought about how he took us to get food. It was a small step, but a step nonetheless.

I hummed under my breath as I opened my hair allowing them to cascade over my shoulders like a waterfall. Damn, I really needed to invest in a trim, my hair was really beginning to become unbearably long. Just as I pulled back the covers to climb in my door flung open making me squeak in surprise as I whirled around to look at the intruder almost loosing my footing.

Harry stood in the doorway, a stoic expression on his face, no sign of remorse for barging in although I shouldn't have really expected any should I?

"Jesus, Harry. Try knocking next time, please." I stated a little breathless as I made my way towards him since it didn't look like he wanted to move from his spot.
He clenched his jaw tightly before speaking.

"Make me that tea you made that day." He spoke monotonously his words catching me off guard as I stared at him, although looking closely his eyes seemed rimmed with red and seemed to droop in tiredness, so I let the lack of manners go this time as I softly agreed. Clearly he was suffering from his Insomnia again. I followed him barefooted into the kitchen, my pyjamas being that of an embarrassing nature which made my cheeks flood with heat as I padded quietly towards the kettle, all the while watched by Harry's heavy intense gaze.

The pyjamas in question were a present from Silver and were going to waste sitting in my drawer so I figured no one would see me and I could wear them, however I seemed to be mistaken. They were pale pink, made of silky thin material, the top half barely reaching the bottom of my belly button with thin straps, the bottom, being shorts made of the same material teaching just above mid-thigh. 

Mixing in the honey into two separate teacups I set one down in front of Harry and one opposite him for myself. Hoisting myself up onto the high chairs in front of the counter I settled, wrapping my hands around my mug which allowed the warmth of the drink to encase my fingers pleasantly.

I watched as Harry took a sip straight away of the scalding liquid without a change in his expression, my eyes widening a fraction at the sight wondering how he did that without burning his tongue. And if he did burn his tongue that is, then he did a spectacular job of disguising it. 

"Have you always had it? Insomnia, I mean," I asked tentatively after I found the looming silence to be too pressing to leave. He glanced up at me, inferno green eyes intense and heavy.
He answered with a single curt nod, not carrying the conversation any further like I had wanted him to. I blew out a breath sipping my tea quietly and that's how the rest of our tea went before Harry got up, washed his cup and headed to bed without any further conversation making me sigh at how much effort it was to try and talk to him.

*
I jolted awake.

The hairs on my arms raising as my neck prickled with an unexplainable uncomfortable feeling. I slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I glanced around the dark room seeing nothing amiss. I frowned about to lie back down when I heard something that made me freeze.

Footsteps.

I attempted to brush it off as Harry with his insomnia but these footsteps were quiet, tiptoeing around the floorboards and I knew Harry wouldn't walk around like that, it's not like he gave a shit about waking me. I bit my lip pushing my covers off as I slowly tiptoed to my door, pulling it open slowly as possible, my heart pounding. Glancing down the corridor I caught the circular light of a torch darting around the wall before it darted towards my door. I gasped ducking back in time for the light to miss me.