54

"Final call for flight 53 to Hertford, now boarding."

The four of us walked through the airport to get to our destination as our flight number had been called.

Hertford. I'm not entirely sure where that is on the map, but I do know that it's somewhere in North Carolina.

I'm also not sure as to why we are
making a journey there, but I trust Harry, so i'm going along with it. The whole spontaneity of the situation made me a bit excited at the thought of an adventure. It may be a dangerous adventure, but there's no harm in making the best of the situation.

I also couldn't find any answers seeing as Harry has been pretty much mute for the past few days.

Over the months, I've gotten used to the fright of being with Harry and everything that comes along with him. If I had to experience this before I'd met him, I would've probably been shitting bricks and hiding out. The ups and downs of the entire situation make it a thrill of having such an adventure that you'd only ever see in TV shows.

Tanner and Locke went first to board the plane with their tickets as Harry and I went after. We were all placed next to each other, and luckily, I got the window seat.

I personally favor window seats for two reasons, you get to see the view and you don't have to sit next to any strangers (because I never travel alone).

I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before so I decided to get as much of it on the plane ride. Harry still wasn't speaking much either, so it's not like i'd have any company.
———
We had made it to our destination after a few hours on the plane.

Currently, we were stationed in a hotel room that Harry had booked for us. It was pretty nice for the cost, with a lounge area and two separate rooms connected.

I wasn't sure how long we were staying here, but I do know that my family is worried about me. As soon as I had turned my phone off of airplane mode after the flight, my phone flooded with texts from my parents and sister for my whereabouts.

I let them know I was safe and with Harry as well as told Silver my location in case anything happened.

I was laid out on the couch while I waited for Harry to return with some food for us. Airplane food is not the best.

He finally arrived after a half hour and placed the food on the coffee table as we all began to dig into the takeout.

"Mmm," I moaned at the flavorful chinese noodles before going in for a second bite.

"So Harry, are you going to tell us why we're here?" Locke finally decided to man up and ask the question we were all wondering. The three of us look at him expectantly as he remains silent. He finishes his bite, and just as we think he's about to answer us, he takes another mouthful.

I sigh and go back to looking at the food in front of me. Just when I do, Harry clears his throat before speaking. "We're here to escape for a bit. I'm not risking anything, which is why I haven't told anyone we're here, and I hope you haven't either."

I recall how I told my family, but keep the information to myself to keep from stirring trouble, although i'm sure I already have.

Smart move, Clover.

"I guess if we stay on the DL this could work," Tanner shrugs as he fiddled with his chopsticks. Harry hums in response and we continue to eat in silence.

"So, what's there to do around here? We can find cool places to go to so that we're not completely bored?" I say.

"Absolutely not." Harry dismisses the thought as soon as I spoke it.