ㅤㅤ⁰⁰² : oh no, she likes another boy

September 25

September 25

To put things simply, Hanae hated airports, the smell, the odd feeling of time not passing, how dirty she felt once she got out... but she could stomach all that and more for him.

"I'm going to miss you so much," Hanae mumbled holding onto him as tightly as she could, taking in his smell for what she felt would be the last time, she always got extra clingy when he was leaving.

He beamed and kissed her again, making her face flush red.

"Don't worry I'll be back in a couple of months," He said.

She smiled and nodded before letting go of him. "I'm sorry, Hideo, I'm making this so much harder on you than it needs to be, you need to go–"

 "I'm sorry, Hideo, I'm making this so much harder on you than it needs to be, you need to go–"

"No, don't worry about it. Believe me, life's gonna be hell without you." Hideo cupped her face gently, and she could feel her heart nearly leap out of her chest. "The only thing keeping me together is knowing that you're going to be here when I come back."

He brought her left hand up so he could see her ring–which she actually managed to slide onto her finger that day.

Hanae nodded and pulled away from him, "I promise by the time you come home, my parents will know about you, and then we can announce our engagement."

She noticed him falter for a moment and she shook her head, "I promise this time I won't back out."

She wanted to take away his doubts and fears, she wanted him to know that he was the only person for her and that they would get married when he came back from his deployment.

But she could tell he was beginning to lose hope, they'd been together for over two years and engaged for the past six months, and her parents still had no idea he existed.

He would always remind her that her parents would throw a tantrum when they found out that she was engaged to him, a 'mere' soldier

His friend's voice was the one to pull Hanae out of her dreary thoughts, "Wrap it up, asshole!"