ㅤㅤ ⁰⁴⁸: the end

July 3

July 3

"Akise," Hanae whispered as she opened the door to her brother's room, tears threatening to fall from her already-red eyes.

Rain hit their windows lightly as the thunder outside continued to rumble throughout the house.

"What do you want?" He mumbled hiding something under his cover, he was sitting down on his rug and there was a distinct stench filling the room.

A smell she knew too well.

"He–He's gone."

He instantly sat up.

"Four-eyes?"

She nodded, before burying her puffy face in her hands and sobbing.

"C'mere." He scooted over to the side and patted a stop next to him on the floor.

She sniffled and plopped down next to him, burying her face in his foul-smelling hoodie.

"You miss him already?"

Hanae nodded weakly.

"Am I an idiot?"

"Nah you're just an overthinker." Akise shook his head and pulled out a small bag of weed from his covers and shook it in her face. "You want some."

"No," She pulled away slightly, wiping away her tears. "I'm feeding him, you know I won't."

"Alright whatever, so this Kyoya crap's really got you in for a loop."

"No, you don't understand, I miss him so much." She looked away and laughed drily, "You know sometimes I wake up and I'm shocked that he's not next to me in the bed, and then when I'm in the shower I half-expect him to walk in–"

"And there goes my appetite." He joked, but he saw her downturned eyes and sighed, "But I mean you got over Hideo, you'll get over Kyoya too."

She smiled and shook her head. "No, no I won't. Hideo was different, I mean I was definitely in love with him... but around the end it was stubbornness, it was infatuation, obsession, and if I'm being completely honest it was also a lot of guilt. With Kyoya–" Her voice caught in her throat. "I hated him for the way he went about things, I really did, but there was always something about him that pulled me towards him. I didn't want to admit it because I felt like I was cheating on Hideo, but it was always there. My heart hurts whenever I think about him, about us. He was my person, Akise... He was my home."

"I never thought I'd hear you talk that way about anyone that wasn't Hideo."

She sighed.

"I would've said the same thing two years ago."

"Well you still like Hideo right, why don't you try getting back together with him instead? I mean he's filthy rich now, nothing holding you back anymore."