ㅤㅤ⁰⁰⁶ : who are you?

i

i. author's note: sorry got excited and i wanted to post this today 😩

October 20

Hanae was beginning to get anxious, Hideo hadn't even sent her a single letter in the past couple of weeks. She closed her eyes and flipped through the letters he'd already sent her months ago.

She knew it was a bit odd to keep them, but whenever he was away those letters were the only way she could communicate with him, and he even drew a small sketch on the corner of each envelope, so she didn't have the heart to throw them away.

Her fingers continued to trace over the words and she smiled as she scanned over all the beautiful things he'd write to her... If only he'd send her a new one.

"Hanae!" Her brother yelled from outside her door and she quickly put the stack of letters behind her vanity's mirror.

"What do you want?" She asked standing up from her chair and opening the door.

"There's some girl asking for you at the door."

Hanae raised an eyebrow, "I wasn't expecting anyone."

His lips formed a thin line as he looked down at her, "Well can you come down she's... crying."

That's all it took for her to come out of her room and walk downstairs to the front door, where she saw a pretty woman with black hair and watering eyes waiting for her.

Hanae stared at the disheveled woman, with her mouth slightly open, and her brother slowly trailing behind her.

She was absolutely sure she'd never seen the woman standing in front of her before.

"He–Hello," Hanae asked carefully once she reached her front door.

The woman's breath was shaky as she began, "Are you Hanae Sasaki?"

Hanae nodded as she kept a careful distance from the woman.

"Who are you?"

"My name's Sasori..." The woman paused for a second and took a deep breath, "I'm Hideo Nanako's wife, and I need you to stop seeing my husband."

Hanae felt her stomach drop, "What on earth are you talking about? Hideo isn't married."

"Is that what he told you? That he was single? Well he lied, we're married, we have a child!" The woman yelled and Akise took a step in front of Hanae, shielding her from the enraged woman.

"Hideo isn't married, and he sure as hell doesn't have a kid!"

"Believe what you want, why do you think he hasn't called you or answered all those sappy love letters you've sent him? I always wondered where he managed to get the extra money from... I guess I know the answer now."