ㅤㅤ⁰¹⁵ : this isn't your decision to make

February 8

February 8

The minute she got back to her house, she yanked her brother to the side and told him that she needed to speak with him immediately.

"What are you so worked up about?" Akise asked as they walked into Hanae's room and she closed the door behind him.

"You have to promise me not to tell anyone." She said sternly.

She noticed him fidgeting with his hand but he nodded nonetheless.

She shook her head, "Not a single soul Akise, especially not Mom."

"I promise I won't tell her, what is it?" He asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

She swallowed the lump that had grown in her throat as she pulled the velvet box out of her bag, and his eyes nearly popped out of his head when she opened it. "Kyoya proposed to me."

"What the actual fuck, are you two even dating?"

"No–no that's why it caught me so off-guard,"

"Well, what did you say?"

Hanae took a deep breath, "He told me to think it over before I gave him an answer..."

"Are you actually considering saying no?" He raised an eyebrow up and his lip curled up in disgust.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She frowned.

"Are you a fucking idiot? He's literally asking you to get married, he could solve all of our problems."

Hanae could feel heat flush throughout her whole body.

"You're such an entitled piece of shit, I can't just marry him because I need his money!"

Akise sneered, "You were willing to do it with Kasanoda, what's the difference?"

Before Hanae realized what she was doing her hand landed on his chest and she'd shoved him away, "Kasanoda knew that we needed money, he'd agreed to it! Kyoya doesn't know, I can't just trick him like that!"

"You suddenly have a moral code? Or shit... don't tell me you actually have feelings for him–"

"Shut the fuck up!" She could feel her heart pounding in her chest. "I'm not using him for his money, I don't care what you think,"

Then she heard a calm voice that made her blood run cold.

Her mother walked into the room, a flat look in her eyes. "You are not rejecting Ootori's proposal."

"Were you eavesdropping on us?"

"Leave," Her mother told her brother, and he gave Hanae a heated look, before he obeyed, and walked out the door without another word.

Once her mother was sure he had walked away she turned around to face her daughter, "You cannot reject Kyoya Ootori's proposal,"

"This isn't your decision to make,"