ㅤㅤ⁰¹³ : i did something bad

author's note: sorry for the late update i was super busy 😭

January 12

"Come in, Ootori," Akise said opening the door and letting Kyoya into his house.

"Does Hanae know I'm here?" Kyoya asked, looking around the room before he took off his coat.

"No, just like you asked," Akise mumbled.

It had taken Kyoya longer than expected to draft all the paperwork, but after nearly a month of waiting, he had received all the documents he needed to continue the process.

Mitsuri Sasaki had originally intended for the trade to be Hanae's hand in marriage, in exchange for Kyoya clearing all of their debts, but he had refused.

Instead, they agreed upon a much more abstract agreement.

Akise led Kyoya into his father's study where Mitsuri was waiting patiently for them. After Kyoya stepped into the room, Akise followed and stood next to his mother.

"Hello, Mrs.Sasaki." He said slightly bowing.

"Hello Ootori, please take a seat." Mitsuri gestured.

He obeyed and sat down on the chair in front of them. From where Kyoya was sitting, he could see the physical resemblance between Hanae and her mother. Aside from the pink eyes, she had passed down to her son, she was the spitting image of Hanae.

"We all know why you're here, so I think we should cut straight to the chase," She turned over to her son. "Akise leave."

"What, why mom?" Akise's eyes went wide.

Kyoya began pulling the paperwork out of his bag, and he caught her giving Akise one stern look, before he looked down at the floor and flashed out of the room.

The older woman directed her entire attention towards the documents being placed in front of her.

"You can read it over as many times as you'd like, but the basics are these; In exchange for my clearing of your husband's debt, I will receive your House Deed."

Mitsuri closed her eyes and nodded, reading over the paperwork as Kyoya spoke.

"That is of course only for legal matters. Now speaking off-the-record this is what I expect: Hanae must never find out about this. If she does the deal is off. She has to accept my marriage proposal out of her own volition and of course, if Hanae and I do end up getting married you will get your House Deed back."

Kyoya knew this was sneaky and back-handed in more ways than one, but at the end of the day, this was a practical solution.

Hanae needed a husband with money and he would need to get married eventually anyways. His two older brothers already had wives and soon enough they would have children–children that could grow up and inherit Ootori Medical if Kyoya didn't end up having any of his own.