ㅤㅤ⁰³¹: the reckoning

July 10

July 10

It had been just over a month since Hideo had shown up in Kyoya's estate, and there wasn't a single day Hanae didn't beg him to leave. The stress of Kyoya finding out Hideo's identity had made her lose a considerable amount of weight, and it was ultimately putting a strain on her relationship with Kyoya.

She considered telling Kyoya a couple of times, but suddenly too much time had passed, and she knew he would no longer believe her. Even if he did believe her, Hideo didn't want to leave and she knew how much Kyoya abhorred him... he still held a lot of pent-up rage from the wedding day and if he found out who Hideo was, there was no telling what Kyoya would do to him.

She also couldn't bring herself to spend the night with Kyoya again out of the sheer guilt she felt knowing Hideo was within arm's reach of her. Kyoya noticed her odd shift, and he tried talking with her, but Hanae only turned down his worrisome tone, convincing him that she was just feeling sick.

On the other hand, Hideo was growing more desperate, it had been weeks since he'd arrived and Hanae was still refusing to leave with him... they hadn't even kissed. Kai wanted to leave the second he found out Hanae had rejected Hideo, but Hideo was in denial and he was convinced that Hanae just needed more time to realize how wrong she was.

Hideo had also kept true to his word and was updating Yuuichi on all of Kyoya's moves, and he even snuck into Kyoya's study once and found some news that upset Yuuichi more than Hideo thought was possible.

Kyoya was trying to pull three of his companies out from under him, and what's worse was he might actually succeed if Yuuichi didn't stop him.

"Fuck!" Yuuichi yelled, throwing the laptop to the other end of the room.

Julieanne rolled her eyes, as she let the smoke come out of her mouth, "What's wrong?"

"That fucking bastard!" He yelled getting up from the bed.

"Your brother?"

She took Yuuichi's silence as a 'yes'.

"I thought you took care of him," She mumbled pulling her shirt back on.

He shook his head, as he sat back down on the bed, throwing himself on top of her, "You know I can't Julie, too many people would notice."

"So what? He's an Ootori, you're family has more enemies than I can count."

He gave out a dry laugh. "Easier said than done..."

"You could get that guy you have on the inside to do it for you, he's got military training." She tilted her head to the side as she ran a hand through his damp hair. "It wouldn't even have to be brutal or anything, some poison could do."

"Look at you maturing, you would've jumped at the chance to witness a bloodbath a couple of months ago."

She rolled her eyes. "I mean if you want me to do it... that's a different story."