ㅤㅤ⁰¹⁷ : you're lying to me again

author's note: are ya'll fucking ready?? i love this chapter tbh, & i hope y'all like it too

April 7

"You ready?" Her brother came up behind her and Hanae scowled when she saw his reflection in her vanity. The hairdresser was placing the white veil on her brown hair gently, careful not to ruin the elaborate up-do he'd taken nearly an hour and a half to do.

"Does it look like I'm ready?" She had a flat look in her eyes as she looked at him through the mirror.

He rolled his eyes, "You don't have to be in such a pissy mood,"

Her nose wrinkled up in disgust. Was she supposed to be happy that she was marrying a man who'd tricked her? Who'd went behind her back and paid for her as if she were a piece of land?

She could feel the burning sensation in her stomach grow, so she took a deep breath and turned around to face her brother, but he was gazing out her bedroom window.

She assumed he was looking at the employees that were setting up the large tent for the reception, and she closed her eyes when he turned back to look at her.

His voice nearly cracked when he spoke.

"It's your wedding day after all,"

"You're nervous, sweetheart?" Her father asked, and she bit the inside of her cheek and nodded

Hanae looked down at the venue's wooden floor, and tried to center her thoughts. How could she not be nervous? She was about to walk down the aisle.

She could hear her father try and speak but he didn't get the chance to do so before the orchestra started playing. A chill ran up her spine, and she felt as if she were suffocating when the doors of the venue opened.

Her mind didn't get a moment to process the feeling of everyone's eyes on her before her father began to pull her forward, closer to him.

Closer to her fiancé.

The walk felt eternal, her feet heavy as lead as she walked down the tile, her long white dress dragging mercilessly behind her. The air was nearly knocked out of her chest when she felt Kyoya's firm hand wrap around her own and pull her towards his frame.