ㅤㅤ⁰⁰⁴ : at least not anymore

October 9

October 9

"How'd the talk with your dad go?" Mary asked buffing out the last of the old pink nail polish off her fingernails, brushing the residue on Hanae's bedroom floor.

"Mary, stop being so nosy, and stop being so messy, this isn't your house!" The brown-haired girl frowned as she looked at her 'friend' strewn across the bed. "Hanae, tell her!"

"She doesn't care, Takara." Mary jerked her head over to look at Hanae, who was oddly sitting on her hammock chair instead of laying on the bed next to her, which she always did when Mary visited.

And to make matters worse Hanae didn't even look up from her phone to answer, "Takara's right, you're being gross."

"Oh, come on! You can talk to her, but you're ignoring me?" Mary whined sitting up from the bed so that her legs dangled off the edge, and she was about to continue complaining before she realized Hanae's slumped shoulders and her downturned eyes. "Hey... what's wrong, what happened?"

Hanae shook her head, "It's nothing... it's stupid."

Takara was the first to rush over to Hanae's side, "What happened?" She asked her brows wrinkling together.

Hanae could feel her nose begin to burn, but she closed her eyes to regain her thoughts for a moment, she refused to cry because there was no use, it's not like her tears were going to fix anything. After all, she knew this is how things were going to be... an uphill battle to say the very least.

Mary's gasp was the thing to break Hanae away from her thoughts, "You told your dad about Hideo?"

Hanae felt her heart drop but she quickly shook her head.

"No–no I was going to, but I got scared. I lied and said that you wanted to marry someone who was–well..."

"Poor?" Mary said.

"A good-for-nothing?" Takara added.

Hanae could feel the indignation begin to grow in her chest as she sat up on her chair, "You two are awful! Who cares if Hideo doesn't have as much money as us?"