ㅤㅤ⁰⁰⁹ : the solution

December 9

December 9

"Are you fucking kidding me, Hanae? Coke?!" Her brother slammed his car door shut and she scrunched up her face at the sudden noise.

"You–You do it all the time." She curled up in the passenger's seat.

His knuckles turned white around his steering wheel as he began backing out of the parking lot.

"Yeah but you don't, you're not used to it. And you didn't just snort that shit in public, you went to go fuck some stranger after you were done."

Hanae was still gone, but she was sober enough to feel shame, so she turned to the side to avoid her brother's heated gaze, and the car ride back to their house was quite literally the most awkward thing she ever had to live through. He was so pissed he didn't even put on music and his breaths were so labored that they were all she could hear as they pulled in front of their gate.

Sleep came quickly and it was a blessing, when she woke up in the morning she showered and headed downstairs to find Akise and her mother speaking in hushed whispers in the dining room.

She instantly knew what was going on and she was about to spin on her heels, but the moment her mother's furious eyes met her own she froze in her spot, and her face went white as her mother began walking towards her with quick strides.

Her mind wasn't even able to fully process her fear before her mother's hand collided across her face. The sheer force of it made Hanae's face jerk to the side and her lip began to sting as she looked up, she was staring at but not really seeing her mother.

"You're an embarrassment." She seethed.

Hanae swallowed the lump growing in her throat as she held her swollen lip.

"I thought I had enough with your brother doing drugs, but at least he has the decency to do it here in his own home, but you, you go out with that tramp and do it in front of anyone, for everyone to see, for everyone to judge." Her mother laughed but the vein growing in her forehead was evident, and Hanae whimpered down.

"It–It was a mistake, I'll never do it again." Hanae began, her voice trembling. "Just please, please don't tell dad."

Hanae instantly regretted it though because her mother's face went red and in a flash, she'd pulled Hanae down by the hair so that she was nearly on the ground.

"Your father? That's what you're thinking about right now?!" She yelled and Hanae kept her mouth shut, biting back the tears that threatened to spill out of her eyes. "When people saw you leaving with Yoshio Ootori's son!"

"Mom–" Hanae tried to speak but her mother cut her off.

"I didn't raise you to disappoint me, to bring shame to us in such a way!"