ㅤㅤ ⁰⁴³: i can't, im so tired

February 19

February 19

Hanae thought she'd felt pain before, she really did.

She thought her heart broke when she found out her boyfriend cheated on her with her brother back in high school.

She felt true heart-break when she had to give up Hideo.

She wanted to die when Kyoya told her to get out of their home.

Her soul was torn to literal shreds when she almost lost her father.

But none of those incidents could prepare her for the sheer physical agony of giving birth.

She let out another guttural scream and through the blur of it all she reached out to her brother.

"You're ten centimeters dilated, Hanae. You have to push." The doctor repeated.

"Akise, I–I can't do this!" She cried, sweat dripping down her face, and she cursed the fact that her parents were out on a business trip and her child wanted to come out one week too early.

"Shit, I don't think I can either!" He whined as she took another shallow breath.

She'd been like this for the past hour, the doctor would tell her to push, and she would muster up as much strength as she could, but nothing came out.

"Shut up, this isn't about you!" She yelled as her hand curled around the railing, and another pang shot up her body making her dizzy with pain.

Through the blur she could hear the doctor's voice call out to her.

"Listen to me Hanae, you can do this. You have to push."

Hanae felt hot tears roll down her face as she threw her head back on the pillow.

"I... I can't."

Her brother's hand wrapped around her own, and his voice sounded weak. "Hanae,"

He was pleading, begging her to keep going, but she couldn't.

"I can't, I can't," She reached out to him and pulled him towards her, burying her face in his shirt. "I'm so tired."

She heard the door slam open, and she took a sharp breath when she saw him walk in.

Kyoya.

She jerked her head over to her brother.

"You–you told him?"

"He's the dad!"

"He certainly doesn't think so." Even through her exhaustion, she managed to sneer at Kyoya. "Why is he here?"

Before she could stop him, his hand wrapped around her arm. "Hanae, please I want to be here,"

"Why? You don't–" Another stupid pain coursed through her body as she doubled over on the bed. "You, you don't even think my baby is yours. Why are you here?"