ㅤㅤ⁰⁰¹ : nobody's perfect

September 19

September 19

Hanae took a deep breath as she set her phone down on the table to look around the extravagant ballroom. If she had the option to stay at home, she would have... but unfortunately for her, luck wasn't on her side.

"You should smile, mom's giving you the bitchy side-eye." Her older brother mumbled into her ear, and although his words were a warning, the playful tone in his voice gave away the fact that he couldn't care less about what she did next.

"I am smiling." She mumbled, before a girl with dark hair passed by their table and offered her brother a flirty smile, which he returned shamelessly. "You should try smiling less, Akise."

Akise pushed away his brown hair out of his eyes, and Hanae could've sworn his eyes gleamed for a second

"You're just mad because you're ugly-ass can't pull for shit compared to me."

"Mmm... not sure if that's such a flex when you're engaged." Hanae whispered back.

His smile didn't waver, "What Renge doesn't know, can't hurt her."

"You're such a slut." Hanae's green eyes narrowed.

"Language, we're at a fundraiser!" He lifted his glass of champagne up in the air and Hanae got up with one last huff, the tulle of her blue dress getting caught in between their chairs.

"Oh is someone mad?"

"Shut up!" She pulled the fabric in between the chairs, and she was about to storm off, before her mother's glare caught her off guard from the other end of the table.

Her mother's lips formed a firm line before she mumbled out one word through gritted teeth, "Behave."

If there was anyone in the world who could instill fear into the twenty-one-year-old girl, it was her mother, Mitsuri Sasaki. Hanae bit the inside of her cheek and nodded. "I'm just gonna go sit with Mary."

After a stiff nod from her mother, she went in search of her friend, but she didn't have to search long, when she felt Mary's cold arms wrap around, from behind her.