ㅤ⁰³⁴: i just want to hold you

July 12

July 12

The first thing he felt when his eyes fluttered open was a heavy pounding in his head, he must've made a noise as he woke up, because he heard something clatter, and in an instant, he saw Hanae's face, precious and worried in front of his own.

"Kyoya?" She asked tentatively.

Her features were blurry.

"Where are my glasses?"

A small smile tugged at her lips and she laughed. "Hinata packed your spare glasses, just give me one second."

Kyoya threw his head back on the unfamiliar pillow as he heard her dig through a bag and frowned, he wasn't at home.

Where was he?

His memories came back in flashes and he took a deep breath rubbing his eyes with one hand because for some reason he couldn't lift his left arm.

Hanae had kissed him goodbye and told him to be careful.

He was heading to the southern fields with Kaoru and Haru.

And then they heard a gunshot.

And Kaoru–

"Where's Kaoru?!" He yelled trying to sit up from the bed, but only gasping as pain shot up through his left side.

"Kaoru's fine, he's completely fine! Please be careful you could reopen your stitches!" She said, trying to calm him down.

He nodded despite his confusion and reluctantly laid back down trying to place as little strain as he could on his left side, and he looked out the window, the sun was barely rising, "How long have I been unconscious?"

"Only for a night." She brushed a stray hair away from his face before she placed his glasses on.

He was going to keep questioning her but he could see the bags under her eyes, despite the relieved look on her face.

"How are you?" He asked his hand reaching up to hold her face.

She shook her head and took a deep breath leaning into his hand. "I'm fine, how are you feeling?"

"I've been better," He looked down at his shoulder and she laughed before he scooted to the side gesturing for her to lay down next to him.

"No, your shoulder–"

"If you don't come here right now, I'll tell security to drag you out of the room."

Hanae frowned, but before she could complain he cut her off.

"I'm kidding," He smiled. "I just want to hold you."

She mirrored the smile back with tired eyes before slipping into the bed next to him. She laid her head on his chest and took a deep breath, appreciating the fact that he was still next to her, his heart beating calmly under her ear.